NGD - Adirondack for $600!
Hello friends, I have been off the forum for awhile but I am happy to announce that yesterday was a NGD for me.

While browsing Reveb last night I saw a mint Eastman E1SS limited CLA for sale for $700. Given the sky rocket prices these days I thought this would be a decent deal for a mint slope shoulder Adi topped dread.

So I decided to make an offer of $600 to the seller and just see what they said. To my surprise they accepted the offer and I am now the owner of the beautiful guitar.

I've gotten to play this model one time in a local shop and I wish I would have bought that one. It's thick warm tone has haunted me since then. But this week I will finally get the guitar I have wanted for several years.

I am currently waiting shipping. I will post about the guitar when it arrives.
Roy, TomC, sleigh, Pura Vida, Guzzi Fan, AlanSam, Meathead, SasquatchLife like this post
Nice, congrats Joshua!  And welcome back to EGF.  Do you still have your other Eastman guitars?
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Congrats, Joshua! May the guitar bring your years of pleasurable playing!
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
(11-30-2022, 09:33 AM)Pura Vida Wrote: Nice, congrats Joshua!  And welcome back to EGF.  Do you still have your other Eastman guitars?

It's good to be back. I still have my E2OM Cedar. It's an amazing guitar and very warm sounding. I also still have my E10D-TC. It's a tonal beast and very stable regarding humidity and temp changes.

I gave away my two rosewood dreads to a couple of
close friends who were in my wedding. Since getting a D28 Authentic 1937 I wasn't playing my E20D-TC or my E8D-TC. These guys both lead music at their churches and needed a good acoustic so I felt right to give them away as gifts where they would get played instead of selling them. Both were amazing but I have found that I prefer open pore satin finishes to Eastmans gloss.

Currently in the stable I have the following guitars.

- 2021 Martin D28 Custom Authentic 1937
- 2019 Martin D18 standard
- 2016 Martin D15 (spruce top)
- 2009 Gibson J45 standard
- 2017 Eastman E10D-TC
- 2020 Eastman E2OM Cedar

And now an 2019 Eastman E1SS CLA.

I tried uploading a pic of the E1SS but the site says my photo is too large. Any tips on uploading a smaller one? I am on my Google pixel phone.
DonO, AlanSam, Pura Vida, TomC, SasquatchLife like this post
Very nice find Joshua. Hope you enjoy it a bunch.

Don
2023 Martin D-41 
2023 Martin Custom Shop HD-28 GE
2023 Martin D-18 Authentic 1937 VTS
2021 Martin D-35
2023 Gibson J45

That's an iconic lineup of guitars.

For the photo, try using the "i" icon in the toolbar and then attaching the photo.  It should upload and resize via IMGUR automatically.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(11-30-2022, 12:16 PM)jphenderson91 Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 09:33 AM)Pura Vida Wrote: Nice, congrats Joshua! And welcome back to EGF. Do you still have your other Eastman guitars?

It's good to be back. I still have my E2OM Cedar. It's an amazing guitar and very warm sounding. I also still have my E10D-TC. It's a tonal beast and very stable regarding humidity and temp changes.

close friends who were in my wedding. Since getting a D28 Authentic 1937 I wasn't playing my E20D-TC or my E8D-TC. These guys both lead music at their churches and needed a good acoustic so I felt right to give them away as gifts where they would get played instead of selling them. Both were amazing but I have found that I prefer open pore satin finishes to Eastmans gloss.

- 2017 Eastman E10D-TC

I tried uploading a pic of the E1SS but the site says my photo is too large. Any tips on uploading a smaller one? I am on my Google pixel phone.

If you're near Oklahoma, and ever need someone to babysit your guitars, I'm your guy. You won't even have to pay me Wink
AlanSam, sleigh, Pura Vida, TomC like this post
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
(11-30-2022, 07:43 PM)SasquatchLife Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 09:33 AM)Pura Vida Wrote: Nice, congrats Joshua! And welcome back to EGF. Do you still have your other Eastman guitars?

- 2017 Eastman E10D-TC

If you're near Oklahoma, and ever need someone to babysit your guitars, I'm your guy. You won't even have to pay me Wink

Sasquatch, I have lived in Oklahoma my whole life. I live in the NE part of the state, East of Tahlequah. Where are you located?

[Image: l5vbpWi.jpg]
SasquatchLife, Pura Vida, sleigh, DonO, Roy like this post
Very nice looking guitar!  Congratulations, you found a rare one at an exceptional price!

Enjoy!

Rod
(12-01-2022, 09:15 AM)jphenderson91 Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 07:43 PM)SasquatchLife Wrote:

- 2017 Eastman E10D-TC

Sasquatch, I have lived in Oklahoma my whole life. I live in the NE part of the state, East of Tahlequah. Where are you located?

[Image: l5vbpWi.jpg]

Oh wow, what are the odds? I live in Owasso, not far from you at all. Congrats on the new Eastman, it's a pretty one.
AlanSam and Pura Vida like this post
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Eastman use Adirondack Bracing on the E series that have Adirondack tops? sagebrush tom 1 1,841 10-20-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Pura Vida