My next year guitar purchase debate.
So next year i will looking to get another acoustic. My debate will be between a Martin 000-17 Whiskey or an Eastman E20OM-SB. This past week I played a both the Martin and Eastman but a natural finish and both were just awesome. So I will have to make a few trips back to play them each more and more.
AlanSam, sleigh, TomC like this post
Cool
Just an old guy enjoying life.
------------------------------------
Eastman E1OM Classic
Fender GDO 300 AMB
Martin D-16e
Very Old Univox Acoustic

The Blues Garage
JBP
Good luck with your trials.
pannick likes this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
Let us know which instrument you eventually choose and why!
pannick likes this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
I came close to buying a Martin Whiskey 000-17 a couple of times and VERY close to getting a DSS-17 part exchange (ended buying Blueridge - another inspired failure). So pannick, as Steve says - do keep us informed!
pannick likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
(08-03-2023, 08:23 AM)AlanSam Wrote: I came close to buying a Martin Whiskey 000-17 a couple of times and VERY close to getting a DSS-17 part exchange (ended buying Blueridge - another inspired failure). So pannick, as Steve says - do keep us informed!

Alan, I would like to hear your thoughts on the Blue ridge. Which model did you get? I have wanted one because of the forward shifted scalloped braces and in recordings they sound like Martin's. But the small but and thick poly are a turn off for me.
AlanSam and pannick like this post
Both guitars are definitely different when it comes to tone and woods. I've owned my E20 OM-SB for over 8 years and is probably my best sounding guitar I have. The only drawback the guitar has is it's weight as my two Martin's are much, much lighter and they are very close in tone to the E20. I played a 000-17 black smoke recently and with with the open pore finish tone just oozes out of it. 

Been thinking of pulling the trigger on one but I would probably have to trade or sell both of my Eastman's to finance the deal. 

Mahogany has definitely caught my ear as I prefer it over rosewood. And I now prefer lighter guitars as they don't lack in tone. Good luck on what you choose as you really can't go wrong with either choice.
sleigh, pannick, AlanSam like this post
2015 E20 OM SB Eastman
2021 000-15 SM Martin
2016 00-18 Martin
2015 E10 00 Eastman

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lucky of getting a 20-year-old Adi topped Eastman(E10 OOSS) ! My first Eastman guitar gotomsdos 4 3,646 12-11-2017, 07:02 AM
Last Post: gotomsdos