My first Eastman guitar
Greetings to all.  I have been searching for a decent priced hollowbody jazz guitar for quite some time now and yesterday I finally purchased an Eastman AR580CE from Guitar Riot here in Cleveland.  A beautiful great sounding guitar that has a lot of features that are only found on much higher priced guitars.  Anyway, I just wanted to say share my new guitar purchase with other Eastman ethusiasts .
Kenny V
Lukew likes this post
Kenny, welcome to the EGF.  Forum just celebrated it's 1st anniversary last month and keeps building thanks to players like you coming on board.  There is a growing number of archtop/jazz players beginning to take shape.  The AR580 is a special guitar, very happy for you.

I've owned several Eastman archtops since 2011, currently have a 2018 El Rey 4.  I know maybe 2.1 jazz licks but love the archtop vibe for many other styles.  Plenty easy to get conversations going here with so many friendly members.   bert
Welcome to the EGF, Kenny!
Thanks for the welcome.  The guitar forums I am a member of are full of great people with a wealth of knowledge.  It appears the Eastman Forum will be a pleasure to be a member of.  I just put the guitar away for the night.  I'm off tomorrow for a golf trip to the Carolinas and Florida.  I won't get to play again until the end of the month.  I hate not playing for any length of time, but I've been going on this trip ever since I retired and there are no other musicians in this group, just great friends.
Welcome!!  I am an acoustic guy, not too much knowledge of the jazz side, but they tell me the Eastman hollowbodies are outstanding.  Enjoy!
Hi Kenny and welcome to the forum! My brother is a jazz player and introduced me to Eastman's, so good choice on the guitar. It's a great forum for gear questions and starting dialogues with warm, insightful players. Look forward to some photos!
Best,
Anderson
Welcome! So nice to see yet another addition to the forum. Hope you'll enjoy your stay here as much as you'll enjoy that trip.
Hi Kenny - congrats on the AR580CE! Let's see some photos when you have a chance. Welcome to EGF!
Congratulations! Unfamiliar with the AR580CE. I checked out the spec's on Eastman's website. Very similar to the AR503CE (which I currently own) but with a 1-11/16" nut width and beautiful pearl inlay on the fretboard.

Looks like an awesome guitar! Congratulations!
On other sites they say, "Pics or it didn't happen"
Pura Vida likes this post
Regards,

Gary