My New T486 SB
Been an Eastman owner for a month now and boy I found the “One”: the One company, the One guitar at the One price! Smile

I sold my 2016 Telecaster Elite for my fabulous T486 and it was well worth it. Everything abt the Eastman are steps above nearly all other guitar makers proline or high-end marks.

Real pearl! Real ebony! Fit and finish and all appointments top grade and all for $1200 bucks. Just can’t beat it.

The T486 geometry is perfect too. It lays perfectly and comfortably across the chest, no neck dive at all. The neck is nice and fat, no hand cramping from thin and flimsy necks here! Stays in tune whether playing or just chilling in its stand (my Tele had problems with that). 

And, wow, the sound! These are my first Seymour Duncans and they are just gorgeous to the ear. They are my first humbuckers too and wow such a a full, rich and dark sound, absolutely complete with nothing missing.

I love my Eastman and even have dreams about it, haha. My T486 is one great guitar.
[Image: bQx9esnl.jpg]
RussB likes this post
Fantastic guitars....I sure enjoy mine. Congratulations on a fine instrument.
E10ss/v 02/23/23
SB55DC/v 03/15/23
Elvengrail, welcome to the EGF. That is one beautiful guitar, Eastman elecs are not such a well kept secret these days. I'm mostly a flattop player but I've owned an Eastman archtop or two since 2011.

Good to have you, best wishes
bert
I too recently bought a T-486 and am astounded at its build quality and appointments. Playability is easily on a par with any brand with a logo headstock tax. I know, I have a few of the "other" brands.

Best of luck with yours and welcome to the EGF site.
Regards,

Gary
Congrats on the T486 and welcome to the EGF! Gorgeous guitar.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Congrats Elvengrail! She is a beauty. Welcome to the EGF forum, glad you joined us.
Thank you guys for the warm welcome! Very happy there is an Eastman-centric forum now.

These guitars are still rather unknown, I checked the 2011 and the 2017 Gruhns Vintage Guitar guide and they still just have a short, perfunctory paragraph abt Eastman: no detail, no history, nothing.

This is kinda cool for me as I feel I am getting in the ground floor of something (yes, I know they’ve been building electrics for a decade now but noone else does!) and have a guitar that is both exotic, seldom seen in the wild and incredibly well built. I feel unique!

I am saving for the T486B. I am still stoked because it has a REAL Bigsby as well as all the other luxurious appointments I desire all for under $1400, you just can’t beat that!

Again, ty for the great welcome and Merry Christmas to you all!
Stellar 486!