Love Eastman Guitars
Hi guys new here from Australia.

I'm picking up my new AC422EC-ae in the morning and feel like a kid on Christmas eve right now.

I currently have an E20d that I bought in 2012 that is still a great guitar but is about to be sold and also had an E20p for a couple of years, wish I hadn't sold it now.

I just about gave up playing at the end of 2019 when I contracted a severe ear infection that perforated an ear drum and caused me to lose significant hearing and gain some extra tinnitus as a result.

I sold off my J-45 and two classical guitars as well as a couple of teles and a strat and almost got rid of the last 2 but kept them but didn't/couldn't play them.

A few months ago I moved into gated community for over 50's and retired and as luck would have it a guy here has his own C+W band which has led to me to start playing again. I needed a new guitar I could plug in which is why I bought the 422 for now.

Fortunately my hearing loss has eased quite a bit and now have about 85% hearing which is much better than before and music now sounds clear and reasonably balanced to me, before it was unbalanced and muddy. 

I' have forgotten so much of what I had learned before and now almost have to start again after the near 4 year break, learning songs and technique again but it's much easier this time round.

Cheers
AlanSam likes this post
Eastman AC422CE-ae 
Katoh DF69/s
Westy -- congrats on returning to playing and your new AC422!  I think you'll find that your fingers and hands will have retained much of the muscle memory you'll need and you'll soon be back to where you were before you stopped playing!
Westy likes this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Congratulations Westy. Please do keep us appraised of your experiences with your new guitar. And yes - as always - a pic or two would be good.
Westy likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Thanks for that yes the fingers are moving ok but my memory of chord progressions is lousy have to learn that again but practice will fix that.

I'll do a review of the Ac422 in the main forum including pics just getting used to it right now.

Cheers
AlanSam likes this post
Eastman AC422CE-ae 
Katoh DF69/s