Just bought an OM
Hi, I picked this up a couple days ago. It's a nice guitar. I should add that I read on this forum that these are known to be quite bright, but I would not say that is a quality of this guitar. Perhaps the partnership with Bourgeois has led to some changes in manufacturing, I don't know.

Best,
Paul
AlanSam likes this post

Attached Files

Welcome to the club Paul. Nice guitar - what model is it? How about a pic of the back?
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Congrats! Is that an E1om?
Eastman E1SS                                       Guild D40E
Eastman AC322ce                                  Guild D20E
                                                            Guild D2512 12 string
Eastman  E1D-CLA  (Split Bridge Sad )      G&L ASAT Special Tribute                            
Eastman E2D-BK   (Lifting Bridge  Angry )         
Awesome!  Congrats.  Yes, curious which model that is?
The guitar is an E1OM. Here is a picture of the back. The back, sides and neck all look to be the same wood, and I'm told it is Sapele. When I say it's a nice guitar, that's really only my opinion, but to put it in perspective, I did compare it to some Martin 000 models, the 12, 16 and 18. The Eastman, in my humble view, is a substantially nicer sounding guitar than the 12 and 16 that I tried. I thought it compared well to the 18. Not better or worse, but definitely not brighter, and probably different strings. The 18 had a nicely finished neck though, much better than the Eastman.
AlanSam likes this post

Attached Files