Ideas for New Eastman Models?
Hey everyone! Full disclosure, I'm a newcomer and don't currently own an Eastman myself (yet), but I've become quite smitten with them from what videos and photos I've seen online. As it stands, I plan on treating myself and getting an SB59/v in a year's time or so when I can hopefully afford it.

That said, I noticed that there was a similar thread over in the Acoustic Guitar section, but I've been wondering what we might see next from Eastman over on the electric side of their lineup. Obviously it will probably be awhile before we hear anything official from the company since Winter NAMM 2021 is cancelled due to COVID, but I think it's still a worthwhile topic to discuss. 

Seeing as how the company's electric guitars largely draw influence from classic Gibson guitars of the 40's and 50's, do you think they'll continue with that direction and eventually release their own takes on designs like the Explorer, SG, Firebird or Flying V? Or do you think Eastman will continue more in the direction we've seen so far with the Romeo and begin to branch off into making new body shapes that somewhat evoke ideas of the electric guitars of yesteryear?
eastmanschool likes this post
Hi Incendies and welcome! Yes - there has been talk of an original Eastman electric guitar design for next year :-

https://www.eastmanguitarfans.com/Thread...t=t%27hart
Meathead and Incendies like this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
(12-15-2020, 04:42 AM)AlanSam Wrote: Hi Incendies and welcome! Yes - there has been talk of an original Eastman electric guitar design for next year :-

https://www.eastmanguitarfans.com/Thread...t=t%27hart

Woah, very nice! And thank you for the warm reception!

Honestly part of me would still love to see the company tackle classics like the Explorer, but I love that they want to branch out and come up with new body designs! Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to find out what exactly they have in store for fans!

EDIT: 

That said, there is one thing I'd love to see the company do at some point for their SB line. Make an SB79/v in an aged Silverburst. Or even just offer the SB57 in a Silverburst finish too. I just really would love to see an SB with that look eventually! Big Grin
"NEW" ideas are not generally "new" or if so, not generally accepted by players. Add to that many "new" ideas have many or most of their elements borrowed from some other company. So it's increasingly difficult for designers to do something new. I could give dozens of good designs that failed and were poo-pooed by players, so companies walk a fine line between return on investment of a new model, or to stay the course with accepted designs.

Then what's REALLY new? Look at the "new" Romeo. It's very close in design to the Fret King John Etheridge, except the controls on the FK are not in the way, it has a pick guard and is about half the price of the Romeo.
AlanSam and Incendies like this post
Regards,

Gary

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  T386 pickup ideas bassface732 4 2,198 11-12-2019, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Zeiss
  Pickup ideas for my AR 904 oval Archtop. droptune56 8 2,566 10-19-2018, 09:48 PM
Last Post: droptune56