I just came here and already have a question...
... I just found this place and was wondering if you could help me.
I purchased my Eastman T386 last year in august (and I am still falling in love with her every morning again). I`m still learning to play but somehow I believe that finding a guitar which is perfect for me helped me a lot on the way  Heart
Now I come to the point that I have to change the strings, but I don`t have a clue which strings the guitar came with. I`ve got a tag in the case which says that she came with D´addario strings, but I still don`t know wich exactly. I really like the strings I`m playing right now, they are not as hard as the strings I`ve played before and I would really love to keep that feeling while playing ...

Have a nice evening everyone
(and sorry for my english, it`s not my native language and I believe I forgot a lot of it since leaving shool and not speaking it everday)
(03-17-2021, 02:34 PM)Sputnics_Lullaby Wrote: ... I just found this place and was wondering if you could help me.
I purchased my Eastman T386 last year in august (and I am still falling in love with her every morning again). I`m still learning to play but somehow I believe that finding a guitar which is perfect for me helped me a lot on the way  Heart
Now I come to the point that I have to change the strings, but I don`t have a clue which strings the guitar came with. I`ve got a tag in the case which says that she came with D´addario strings, but I still don`t know wich exactly. I really like the strings I`m playing right now, they are not as hard as the strings I`ve played before and I would really love to keep that feeling while playing ...

Have a nice evening everyone
(and sorry for my english, it`s not my native language and I believe I forgot a lot of it since leaving shool and not speaking it everday)

Hi, welcome! From the specs on the Eastman website, the original strings should be D’Addario NYXL .010 - .046

If you have a precision caliper you can double check the size of your strings
Lukew likes this post
Hi S_L - welcome to the site! If you bought the guitar new, Mouks is correct about the strings. You could try them anyway. Can I ask what area of the world you are from - we have members from all over the world on this site. And I have to say your English seems pretty good to me! It would be good If you could post a picture of your guitar on this site.
Lukew likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Thank you very much for the replys Smile I found the specifications from the website after your reply mouks, thanks Smile
I try find them with this informations Smile

AlanSam, I bought her new from a shop in Hamburg (Germany). I would like to post a picture, but somehow I dont`t know how, I can only give an URL but not a real picture ...oh allright I believe I found it Big Grin

[Image: snMT1Xx.jpg][Image: abj6GaB.jpg][Image: xFgD8Ij.jpg][Image: s6gdCRr.jpg]
AlanSam, Lukew, Pura Vida like this post
Yep - good looking guitar! By the way, although I've never been to Hamburg, I've been to Berlin a couple of times. I saw Leonard Cohen there a few years ago, and Amsterdam a little it before that - same tour.
Pura Vida likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
(03-17-2021, 04:11 PM)AlanSam Wrote: Yep - good looking guitar! By the way, although I've never been to Hamburg, I've been to Berlin a couple of times. I saw Leonard Cohen there a few years ago, and Amsterdam a little bit before that - same tour.

Yes she is, I loved her from first sight. I`m not from Hamburg as well, I was visting a friend and never intented to buy a guitar (and drag the guitar with that massiv case back to the trainstation and a few hundred kilometers back home ^^) - I guess the guitar decided for me Angel 
Leonard Cohen must have been great, I never got the opportunity for such a concert.
Hey, S_L -- lovely guitar, and welcome to the forum!
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
(03-17-2021, 03:52 PM)Sputnics_Lullaby Wrote: Thank you very much for the replys Smile I found the specifications from the website after your reply mouks, thanks Smile
I try find them with this informations Smile

AlanSam, I bought her new from a shop in Hamburg (Germany). I would like to post a picture, but somehow I dont`t know how, I can only give an URL but not a real picture ...oh allright I believe I found it Big Grin

Beautiful guitar and great photos! Not everyone takes great photos. I try, but...Welcome to EGF.
campacj 
AlanSam likes this post
Welcome, S-C.  That's a good looking T386, and you're English is just fine.  As Alan mentioned, EGF has members from all over the world, so it's always good to welcome someone from a new location.  I won't make you laugh with my German speaking/writing skills (three years in high school, plus a few years working for Bayer AG in the 1990s).  Smile
Lukew likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young