Higher end laminated instruments?
I have and love an AR371CE but wish that Eastman would make a step up version of this instrument. A laminate instrument has a strong place in the lineup where higher volumes and more roadworthy construction is perfect for conditions that make the lovely AR9xxCE instruments a bit less than an optimal choice. A high quality set-in pickup on a laminated body made with great Maple (or Mahogany) makes a really fine guitar. Think the Sadowski Jim Hall...

If it were offered in a 17" ARX10CE sized body as well... That would be perfect!
Not purely "higher end" but other than the carved top the AR503's body and sides are laminate, and the AR380CE is all laminate and they may be an option for you? Unless the dual pups of the 380 are a deal breaker for you?

Don't forget that of the "other" brands, a number of their "high end" models have carved tops and they travel all around the world.

Anyway, there are a lot of things Eastman could do to "upscale" their lineup. An AR371/372 with mahogany neck and maybe some of those Seth Lovers would make it as upscale as you can get (unless they made a mahogany back and sides) , alas it seems like mahogany necks on a 371/372 or T486 is not forthcoming.
Regards,

Gary
Thanks Gary. I really do prefer single pickup. The one AR380 I played didn't move me as much as my AR371 does...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mx156. Feedback at higher volume [email protected] 0 499 10-24-2023, 01:52 PM
Last Post: [email protected]