Hi from Minnesota.
Hi folks,
I'm a 2nd time and very pleased Eastman owner. I foolishly sold my 1st E6om a couple of years ago and regretted doing so. This E6om TC was recently purchased used but in excellent condition from a local store. I have to say that this guitar is a real joy to play and the setup is just about perfect.
I believe it has an Alpine spruce top as there is a certificate in the case indicating so. I'm wondering how Alpine compares to Sitka and Adirondack, either way however the guitar sounds fantastic.
Thanks, SG
AlanSam, Meathead, sleigh, Timelessdrifter like this post

Attached Files

Welcome to the club SG! Ccongratulations on having picked up good looking and highly regarded Eastman. I have never played an Alpine Spruce guitar but would certainly like to. Others will no doubt weigh  in.
Sunriseguy likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Welcome, SG! In my opinion, Alpine sits between Sitka and Adirondack (Red) spruce, displaying some characteristics of both.
Meathead and Sunriseguy like this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Hey Sunriseguy - welcome! Not sure about Alpine, but I can say that my E6 OM (sitka) is outstanding in every way - I play it on several of my videos on my YouTube channel.  Glad you found us and welcome to the forum - hopefully you aren't snowed in there in Minnesota! Smile
Thanks for the welcome guys, hoping to add another Eastman or two in the near future.  In the mean time I'll be playing and enjoying this lovely OM a lot.

SG

PS: No worries about being snowed in this Christmas, forecast calls for near 50 degrees with rain.
Meathead likes this post
Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan, newcomer to the forum, and a recent Eastman owner!

That's a nice OM you have. I just added a E6OM-TC to my guitars, but with a Sitka top. No Alpines could be found when I was shopping.

Again... Welcome aboard!
PRS SE P20 Parlor
PRS SE P50E Parlor
Eastman E10OO-TC 12-fret
Eastman E6OM-TC
Electric: Too many!