Help identifying an Eastman AR
Well I have been looking for a single or no pickup Eastman archtop for a while and found this. I found it on GC and is advertised as an AR403CE. But it looks like it may be a different model than a 403. But I have looked on several websites and I can't quit pinpoint it. From the pics that I have seen the 403 has a rosewood FB with dots, peghead is not bound, pickguard is not bound, etc. Anyone have a clue? The AR503's I have seen do not have a bond peghead and the AR603's appear to be mahogany back and sides. Anyone have a clue? I probably will not have it in my hands until 7/8/2022 at the earliest.

Attached Files

Welcome, Slaminsam!  Sorry I can't help narrow the model number, but the middle number 4, 5, 6 are indicators of the body wood.  4 is Rosewood, 5 is Mahogany, and 6 is Maple.  That looks like a Maple back, so maybe AR603?  There's usually a sticker with the model number and serial number inside of the F-hole.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Thanks, and I will receive it later this week so maybe I will have a more definitive answer.  Also, the top appears to be Spruce and the 403 is Maple
The Eastman is in the house and sounds fantastic (plugged or unplugged).  I am still baffled as to the model.  Eastman said that there all AR403's have Maple tops.  I took some more pics and it still looks like a Spruce top.  Also I think this could be an AR603 as the 4 or 6 in the model number looks slightly different than the SN, but I am no handwriting expert.  It is 16" and most of the AR603CE's I see are 15" models.  If it is an AR 603CE then the back is possibly flamed Mahogany but the inside where the label looks light to be mahogany.  I sent Eastman some pictures and we will see what they say.  It is a 2014 per the SN and Eastman confirmed that.

Attached Files
.jpg
File size: 119.42 KB
Downloads: 36
.jpg
File size: 76.36 KB
Downloads: 51
.jpg
File size: 151.68 KB
Downloads: 37
.jpg
File size: 134.79 KB
Downloads: 39

Looking up this model online, it seems that the default spec is Maple body with laminate Maple top, so apparently, the first number body wood logic doesn't apply here, LOL.  I agree that definitely looks like Spruce on top, so something doesn't jive.  It will be interesting to see if Eastman provides any input.  If you're on FB, you may want to post these photos onto the Eastman Guitar Owners group.  Several Eastman employees monitor and comment there, including Mark H, who would probably be the best person to provide feedback.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Eastmans first response was:  "=11ptThe AR403CE has always been produced with laminate maple for both the top and back/sides."  They dd request pictures so I sent them, but that was late on Friday, so hopefully I will hear from them early next week.  Unfortunately, I am not on Facebook.  I will post an update if Eastman comes through.
Pura Vida and sleigh like this post