Help! Case for T185MX?
Hey Y'all,

I bought an Eastman T185MX a couple years back and I love it.  Unfortunately, I do not love the case it came with.  The pins in the handle and a couple of the latches began to break within just a couple months with VERY light use.  I've made do so far, but I am searching for a more hearty case.

In my search it seems like the cases with the best dimensions seem to be for 335 or 000 style guitars.  But I haven't found anything that seems like it will be a sure-thing.

Has anyone else experienced breaking pins in their cases, or have suggestions for which case would be a good choice for the Eastman T185MX?

Thanks in advance for your time and replies!
Hi, Moosical.  A belated welcome to the EGF.  Eastman doesn't sell or stock direct replacement cases, so I think your best bet is to continue searching for an after market replacement case.  I'd take the guitar measurements against the case specs to find the best fit.  If there are any small gaps, perhaps you can use a towel, cloth, old t-shirt to fill in the space.  Good luck!

PS - if you get a chance, post some photos of your T185MX, plus any thoughts on owning and playing it.  I got one about 2.5 years ago, and sadly, I don't play my electric guitars enough.  I am hoping to change that in 2021.  My T185MX is excellent, tone and sustain for days. It's a 2016, so it has the dual SD59 pickups (post KA, pre-Lollar).
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Thanks Pura Vida!

I'm not sure how to upload images in this blog.  But, I'd love to show off my Eastman, she's beautiful and plays like a dream.

The add image option only seems to allow a URL.  Is there a 3rd party host that I need to work with to achieve this?
Moosical --

When you write a post in which you want to embed a pic, click the "i" button on the toolbar above the window in which you type. That'll allow you to post a picture to Imgur which will show up in your post.
Pura Vida likes this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter