Hello, Recent Deep Dive! All In On Eastman!!
Hey folks. Had a couple of Eastmans in the past and thought they were good but didn’t appreciate them enough until recently. I’ve been on a purchasing binge the last 2 months. Picked up a new T 486-B (sold a Warren Haynes Gibby 335). Already had a recently acquired ACTG1. Bought a E10SS/v from a local shop, it was love at first strum. Then started watching for some used deals and got some great ones in this order: DT30D from GC, then a E6D-TC from GC, a E10OO and a E20D-TC all from GC where I could try for 45 days. They’re all keepers. I’ve owned too many guitars over the years to admit. Have mostly played in church but have been inspired as of late to learn to flatpick and and improve my finger style skills. Have really enjoyed reading a lot of the comments on this site. Don’t mean to be a glutton but also just pulled the trigger on a E40OM-TC from the Mandolin Store.
I’ve sold a couple of Martin Modern Deluxes also recently that helped fund my Eastman journey. Also have an Eastman MDA 515 but just learning mandolin. I’ll try to get the herd together for some pics down the road.
Pura Vida likes this post
Hi roycarver2706 - you certainly don't do things by half do you? But I wouldn't worry about gluttony - on this site we regard the the ideal number of Eastmans to own is the current number you own +1. Looking forward to viewing your pics when you get round to it. As a matter of interest does your T486-B have a 1 3/4" nut - we believe there have been some changes on similar models recently.
Oh - and welcome Roy!
roycarver2706, sleigh, Guzzi Fan, Aahzz like this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Welcome roycarver2706! That is a great collection of Eastmans you have assembled. Good luck on your flatpicking and finger style journey. 

Don
roycarver2706 and Aahzz like this post
2023 Martin D-41 
2023 Martin Custom Shop HD-28 GE
2023 Martin D-18 Authentic 1937 VTS
2021 Martin D-35
2023 Gibson J45

Welcome to EGF! Nice stable of Eastmans, and yes post some pics soon!
roycarver2706 likes this post
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
Wow! 

Welcome to the EGF and congrats on all of the NGDs!  

You really have a nice assortment.  

Rod
And here I thought I was bad buying three in a little over a week.  Big Grin

it’s like my dad always used to say - “son, you’re not useless…you can always serve as a bad example.”

enjoy the new guitars. I have a modern deluxe up for sale as well…
roycarver2706, SasquatchLife, Guzzi Fan like this post
Eastman AR880CE | AR580CE | E10OM-TC | Comins GCS-1 Bigsby | Fender Ultra Strat | Beard Radio R Standard Hipshot 
Fodera and Nordstrand fretted - Rob Allen and Nordstrand fretless basses

www.nostatic.com 
” sometimes science is more art than science…”   -Rick Sanchez
Wow, that's quite an impressive run on the Eastman guitars.  Congrats on all of them.  Which one are you enjoying the most?
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Hey Roy - welcome to EGF!  Glad you joined us here!
(02-06-2023, 12:16 AM)Pura Vida Wrote: Wow, that's quite an impressive run on the Eastman guitars.  Congrats on all of them.  Which one are you enjoying the most?

They are all very unique and have their own voice. My first one besides the travel guitar was the E 10 SS/V. I put an Anthem pick up in it and played it in church on Sunday and just loved it.
Unfortunately I just injured my arm and had to have surgery carrying granite out of my house for a remodel. So I’ll be out of commission for quite a few weeks and wont even be able to play the E40OM-TC that just arrived today.
Pura Vida likes this post
That's a shame, Roy. Hope the injury heals fast so you can play the E40 sooner!
Pura Vida, roycarver2706, AlanSam like this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E10 SS… recent with true tone ThemisSal 0 615 01-03-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: ThemisSal
  Crisp articulation coupled with deep resonance hardycreek1 0 668 12-19-2022, 09:39 AM
Last Post: hardycreek1