Hello! Newb here.
I’ve owned my T386 for a few years now. I installed Seth Lover humbuckers and combined with Thomastik-Infeld flatwounds is probably the nicest sounding electric I’ve ever played. I am 55 years old and have been playing since I was 14 so I’ve played a lot of guitars over the decades. Eastman punches way above its price range that’s for sure. A couple of questions for the ladies and gents in this group. I’ve decided to jump in the deep end of the pool and learn Jazz guitar. I’ve ordered an AR805CE from Eastman. Anyone here own one and what are your thoughts? I have two amps at the moment a Fender Princeton Tone Master and a Blues Jr. I’m thinking they will work for a nice Jazz sound but recommendations will gladly be considered. I also went completely stupid and grabbed an SB59 off the used market dirt cheap so a question about the neck size between that and a 50’s Gibson Les Paul. Are they remotely similar? Both guitars should arrive today unless the 805 is still lost in the black hole called UPS.
Welcome to EGF, Greg, and congrats on the new acquisitions. When they arrive, let us know how they are and give us some pics of them!
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Lightbulb 
Welcome Greg and good luck with your new guitars in transit. Only 55 - you qualify as the youth wing on this site LOL!
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Congratulations and welcome!

I've owned an AR503CE and currently own an AR603CE.  Both smaller bodied archtops...I think the 503 had a laminated top.  Both fine guitars; both sound great!  I've replaced my single pickup on the AR603CE with an Kent Armstrong 12 pole hand wound pick up.

Your AR603CE will be a great guitar to learn jazz guitar.  I won't claim to be a jazz guitarist, although I have played in jazz combos and brass band (all at the amateur level) for many years.  It is a fun style of music that can be enjoyed at almost any level.

Good luck in your endeavor!
AlanSam likes this post