Guitarist magazine: Gear of the Year
Guitarist magazine's Gear of the Year choices includes two Eastman guitars, one each in the Solid Body Electric and Semi Solid Electric categories
Eastman SB55/v:‘’Closest thing you’ll get to the real thing [vintage Les Paul Junior] at a fraction of the price.’’ And ‘’more proof that China can build superb guitars.''
Eastman Romeo:''The Romeo is a thoroughly modern take on the electric archtop, built exceptionally well and with its custom Lollar Imperials being the icing on the perfectly baked cake.'’ 

I would note that Guitarist magazine features little coverage of out and out acoustics.
campacj, Pura Vida, sleigh like this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Nice.  The SB55/v is an exciting addition, and most who have played the Romeo say that it's a really unique guitar.  Glad to see both models getting high praise.
campacj and AlanSam like this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(12-14-2020, 10:05 AM)AlanSam Wrote: Guitarist magazine's Gear of the Year choices includes two Eastman guitars, one each in the Solid Body Electric and Semi Solid Electric categoriesEastman SB55/v:‘’Closest thing you’ll get to the real thing (vintage Les Paul Junior) at a fraction of the price.’’ And ‘’more proof that China can build superb guitars.''Eastman Romeo:''The Romeo is a thoroughly modern take on the electric archtop, built exceptionally well and with its custom Lollar Imperials being the icing on the perfectly baked cake.'’ I would note that Guitarist magazine features little coverage of out and out acoustics.

Eastman does it again! Yay!
I moved this over to the Electric sub-forum, since both models are electric.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(12-14-2020, 09:30 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: I moved this over to the Electric sub-forum, since both models are electric.

PV - thanks
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
You forgot to mention the AC122-2CE on the Acoustic Guitars spread, pp130-131.
AlanSam likes this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eastman SB59 Article - Guitar and Bass magazine Meathead 5 2,902 03-18-2020, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Chris Pile