For Sale or Trade Eastman AR610CE
Open to trades - Larrivee OM or OOO, Taylor or Larrivee 12 string.

I bought this guitar a few years ago, but I just bought yet another guitar (on the forum) and I am adhering to a newly instituted marital rule that requires that 1 goes out for any other that comes in.

I have replaced the pickup with a hand wound Kent Armstrong PAF ($175 value) and I have changed out the tuners to a set of Grovers Rotomatics with Ebony knobs. I've also replaced the pickguard with a newer one from Eastman that has Schatten tone and volume wheels.

I found that the guitar was feeding back at louder volumes when plugged in so I had a pair of custom F-hole plugs made (Doug's Plugs) that help tremendously. Many people play these guitars as acoustic swing instruments and of course the best acoustic volumes are achieved without the plugs.

The case is a bit worn but all latches work and there is no structural damage

It has a unique archtop sound being a solid mahogany back and sides instrument as opposed to maple.

It's pretty. Right now the intonation and set-up are exactly to my liking but you may have other tastes. It does not look brand new when close but the blemishes show true character and will help portray you as a player of deep and interesting experience.

This guitar in very good condition except for a variety of small dings and scratches and also checking in the nitrocellulose finish. Please look closely at the photos in the Reverb ad.

Here is a link to the Reverb ad:
https://reverb.com/item/31983246-eas...-2009-sunburst

Please PM me with any questions.

Neck Material:Mahogany
Fingerboard:Rosewood
Fingerboard Radius:12"
Neck Profile:Traditional Even C
Nut:Bone 1 3/4"
1st Fret String Height:.022"
Fretwire:22 Medium Jumbo Jescar 47104
Scale Length:25"
Body Style:Cutaway jazz guitar
Body Dimensions:17" x 3 1/8"
Body Top:Solid Spruce
Body Back/Sides:Solid Mahogany
Truss Rod:Single Acting
Binding:Top, Back Fingerboard, Headstock
Binding Material:Ivoroid(top)/Black 3 ply.
Logo: Pearl Headstock
Finish:Nitrocellulose
Hardware Color:Gold
Pickguard:Ebony
Tailpiece:Rosewood on Brass
Bridge:Adjustable Rosewood Bridge
Tuners:Grover Rotomatic
Case:Hardshell Case

Attached Files

Interested in an Eastman e20ss?
Nice. Still have the original parts?
"Act your age, not your shoe size" - Prince
I have the original Ping tuners, not the original pickup or pickguard (although the one on the guitar is a replacement one from Eastman).
I want to plug this guitar, which is at my house at the moment on a tryout loan.

My son the guitar player is in the market for a hollowbody jazz box. Being a big fan of Jonathan Kreisberg, he's currently enamored of the Gibson ES175. The AR610 doesn't have a whole lot in common with the Gibson, but it IS in our neighborhood, and Brian was good enough to let him take it home for a couple of days. I figured junior would plug it in, play it for a bit and quickly reject it, but that definitely didn't happen. At this point the only thing keeping him from buying it is the feedback situation, which, if he was a solo player, could be easily dealt with. However, since he plays in combos, big bands and ensembles that are crowded with other amps, monitors and mics, it'd be an all day job trying deal with it. 

And yet...we're still trying to justify keeping it (which, unfortunately isn't practical)!

I'm a bricklayer when it comes to describing guitar tones, but I know what I like to hear, especially in jazz; that sweet spot between brittle-bright and so muddy that the bass drowns it out. On the 610, the solid carved top that exacerbates the feedback problem is  WARM without any trace of mud and CLEAR without being offensively bright, regardless of the tone control's position. It's incredibly articulate and I would recommend it to any solo player, or to anyone with a lot of experience minimizing feedback in a group setting.

BTW...There is some (nice) checking to the finish, and a couple of dings, but nothing that would dissuade a serious player. Its finish is much better than on my (ex) AR605. There's a solidity to it.
Pura Vida likes this post
Perhaps you should get him a set of these for his AR610CE?
F-its F Hole Covers
https://www.f-itsfeedbackblockers.co.uk/

I love my AR610CE and would not part with it...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For sale/trade Horax 0 968 08-08-2023, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Horax
Smile Gibson J45 for sale or trade potlikr 0 855 05-08-2021, 03:37 PM
Last Post: potlikr
  SOLD- ac320ce (spruce/hog) for sale or trade Horax 1 937 12-08-2020, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Horax