FS: 2015 Eastman AC 708 CE
Pre-holidays bump...
Any AC love? I may have to hang onto this!
I love this guitar, but probably should sell. Any interest?
Oh God, had I not just bought another Eastman I'd have gotten this one. A 608 and 708 are high on my list of purchases. Is there a difference between Englemann and European spruce?
There are a few varieties of Euro (German, Italian/Alpine, etc).

Generally, the Engelmann (Canadian, I think?) is a little softer, sweeter sounding, very responsive to light touch but has less headroom as a result. I’ve heard that most European versions are a mix of some of the sweetness of Engelmann with some of the headroom of Sitka or Adirondack.

I have no direct experience with European though - it’s speculation based on things I’ve read through the years, so take it for what it’s worth! Big Grin
Pura Vida and Rens like this post
(03-19-2021, 05:56 AM)gruuv Wrote: There are a few varieties of Euro (German, Italian/Alpine, etc).

Generally, the Engelmann (Canadian, I think?) is a little softer, sweeter sounding, very responsive to light touch but has less headroom as a result. I’ve heard that most European versions are a mix of some of the sweetness of Engelmann with some of the headroom of Sitka or Adirondack.

I have no direct experience with European though - it’s speculation based on things I’ve read through the years, so take it for what it’s worth! Big Grin

Looks incredible! Thank you for the information. Have you ever had the chance to compare the 708 and 722?
(08-01-2021, 12:13 PM)Rens Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 05:56 AM)gruuv Wrote: There are a few varieties of Euro (German, Italian/Alpine, etc).

Looks incredible! Thank you for the information. Have you ever had the chance to compare the 708 and 722?

I haven’t. I just purchased an E8D-TC because I’ve found that my desire for deeper bass response trumps most other tonal qualities.

I’m sure I’d like the 722 more due to the fuller sound. What I’d really like to try is an AC820 (I think… whatever the dread version is.
Happy Sunday, all. I’ve let this thread lie dormant due to vacillation between selling and keeping.

I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m going to sell one of my Eastmans (Eastmen?) - either this AC or my E8D-TC.

The E8 fits me better, playing style, needs, and desire to feel more bass while playing. The AC feels wonderful and sounds fantastically full, even when strummed.

They’re both wonderful instruments, and I simply don’t need two acoustics. So, giving this a bump in the run up to posting the E8.
Back to the top
(10-21-2021, 07:30 PM)gruuv Wrote: Back to the top

Nice guitars. I bought my AC708CE about 6 years ago and I still have it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2015 Eastman E10SS NOS Roy 0 960 09-24-2018, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Roy