Eastman warranty experience
I got my guitar back after around 4 weeks, eastman repaired the bridge they replaced the whole thing after it had crack going through the pin holes, well there is some scratches and finish gone around the bridge now but its barely [Image: KTIckCn.jpeg]noticeable and the bridge looks like it's glued on perfect. The only thing a few of the pins can't go all way down anymore and there's no string ramps either so I'm worried the bridge might crack again. But the worst part seems like the bridge plate got chipped out it was definitely not like this before it left me plus no sign of the missing wood in my guitar heres a photo and if anyone can tell me there fought on if this is a problem.

Attached Files

As far as the pins not going in, there may be glue in the pin holes they didn't ream out completely after regluing the bridge on or the holes aren't the same size as your original bridge.
Bridges typically crack across the pin holes from using the wrong size pins or forcing them into the holes.  It acts like a wedge and causes the split. You either need to ream the holes to make the pins fit properly or sand the pins. Sounds like they just didn't ramp the replacement bridge. If your break angle over the saddle is good, you don't need ramps.  The strings will make their own ramps over time.

Why do you think it will split again?

I would definitely get on them about chipping the bridge plate.
sleigh and AlanSam like this post
I don't know why it happened for it to crack in the first place the pins fit really good before, now the Low E and A is barely enough bridge pin keeping them in like 3 slots are fitted good I think they reamed the holes and chipped out the bridge plate and was scared doing the rest of them tbh.
Liam - If I were unhappy about all this I would report it & return it. The alternative is to accept it and move on. Good luck - making a decision is often liberating.
sleigh likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
I would agree with AS on this one. If it is not to your liking, please contact them for a suitable resolution. Everything I have read about Eastman is that they will do what is necessary to make it right. Sorry you have to continue to address this.
Tom
sleigh likes this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
You don’t mention the model or how old it is. Can you tell us?
They should have fix the holes so the pins go in.
A reamer is less than $10.
But you shouldn’t have to do it.
Also I’d the old bridge was ramped from the factory the replacement should be to.
Was the repair done locally or did you ship it back to Eastman?
Whoever did the repair should have noticed the pin problem when they restrung and tested the guitar.
I can’t imagine a total bridge replacement without a new setup either.
The small chip in the bridge plate is no big deal.
A lot of guitars have way worse looking plates brand new Gibson is notorious for awful bridge plates.
I would have them ( whoever did it) fix the mistakes or ask for a replacement guitar.
I have heard Eastman does replace instruments sometimes.
Again was the repair done locally or did you ship it to Eastman.
And where if it was local and if it was shipped where did it go?
sleigh likes this post
Eastman
2016 E40d
2021 E6D-TC Alpine Swiss top
Martin
2003 D41 Special
2003 D18
1998 SPD-16R
1970 0018
Gibson
2016 J-15
1965 J-50 ADJ
Laravie
1991 Larivee C-09
Taylor
2000 810B LOTF
2000 410MACE LOTF
2000 310kce LOTF

11 Alvarez Yairi

Many many others

I also agree with everyone above. The guitar should go back to Eastman or whomever replaced the bridge, with notations from you and the photos, and they should make it right.
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Hello everyone

It was a e1om I got around 2 years ago new. my dealer sent it to eastman I don't have a clue where it went just that it was in the UK they used a eastman authorized repair centre, I was barely updated at all, they even used the old saddle and the new bridge has a slot around maybe a mm longer than the last so will need new saddle too.
Liam - so how long ago were these repairs done?
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
I got it back just the Saturday past.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Strap Lock Adaptor Experience Needed TrailMaster 11 2,117 01-07-2024, 07:13 AM
Last Post: RomanS
  Any experience with an E20P? Incoming NGD jphenderson91 9 2,401 05-12-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: vintage42
  Interesting Experience 822ce-ff Jklotz 11 3,994 01-24-2022, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Grendel