Eastman neck thickness
Anyone know the the thickness at first fret on Eastman slope shoulder guitars? I have E1ssltd and no calipers. Just curious. thanks Smile
Neck thickness on the Eastman guitars is NOT consistent! They are handmade, after all.
My recently acquired E1D has a thickness of .93" at the first fret - that seems to be pretty thick for Eastman, the others I tried before (another E1D, two E1OMs, and an E10OM) all had thinner necks (didn't measure, but by comparison to mine, they must have been in the .88-.90" range).
Supposedly, their slope shoulder models generally have thinner necks than the dreads or OMs, but I have never played one of those myself.
penname likes this post
From my experience Roman nailed it. There is a wide variety in widths and depths and they don't always agree with the specs. I had an E10 00ss/v that was very thin. I have an E40OM that is much fuller. I think in the last few years they have gotten a little more consistent but are definitely hand made.
Pura Vida, sleigh, penname like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
Ok thanks, I just thought someone might have measured an E1ss.It seems pretty thick but not sure what thick numbers would even be? .90 and above?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neck Thickness garyplais 5 3,699 06-02-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Blackmore Fan