Eastman is the new Martin
Wow, now that's quite a statement from somewhere on some forum that just rang true. Might have to give Eastman a few more years....
2015 E20 OM SB Eastman
2021 000-15 SM Martin
2016 00-18 Martin
2015 E10 00 Eastman
(03-31-2024, 02:24 PM)tonyw Wrote: It will be interesting to see how the Touchstone models do - they seem to be more on the level of the standard series Martins. Much as I love the Eastmans, there aren't any I would take over a D18/28 or OM28 (if someone else was paying).

I would definitely agree with you on the Touchstone series vs Martin STD. They are about the same price point. I owned one of the rosewood dreads. Much more balanced and I think the build quality was excellent. Plus no binding issues and with the bolt on necks, resets are a fraction of the cost. But dreads and me don’t seem to get along, so down the road it went with the other 10 or so.
DukeS, sleigh, AlanSam like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
I have a D-18 and I love the MLO neck. I t does not impress me as being “skinny” at all. I have large hands - no problem. Skinny necks are found on electric guitars. I can feel the difference between the 12 and 16” radius and honestly I prefer the Martin radius. I bought the Martin for the Martin sound that I crave. I also chose an Eastman E6OM because it sounds and plays differently from a 000-18. Love the sound of my Eastman. At this point in my retirement I don’t need anything and cannot afford any additional guitars anyway. I’m pretty happy with what I’ve got.
sleigh, RMH, AlanSam like this post
(04-04-2024, 03:45 PM)DanleyJ Wrote: I have a D-18 and I love the MLO neck. I t does not impress me as being “skinny” at all. I have large hands - no problem. Skinny necks are found on electric guitars. I can feel the difference between the 12 and 16” radius and honestly I prefer the Martin radius. I bought the Martin for the Martin sound that I crave. I also chose an Eastman E6OM because it sounds and plays differently from a 000-18. Love the sound of my Eastman. At this point in my retirement I don’t need anything and cannot afford any additional guitars anyway. I’m pretty happy with what I’ve got.

After all these years I have the extra cash for a 18 or 28. Unfortunately my arthritis has kicked in slowing me down somewhat. Just bought a E1D recently and I have Guild D25 I bought new 44 years ago. So I will leave the Martins for the next lucky guy. Eastman makes great guitars. Period.
RMH likes this post