Eastman T386 review and impressions
Here is my Eastman T386 review.  At risk of sounding like I don't know how to be objective (given my Eastman passion) I'll come right out and say it anyway: I shouldn't have waited so long to pick up an Eastman electric!  All the characteristics we value with their acoustics also appear to hold true on the electric side, namely: fit and finish, fretwork, playability and hand crafted quality.  I haven't had this guitar very long, so I am still forming my experience, but here are my thoughts after a week of ownership.

As an aside, I truly wasn't planning on this purchase, but a deal came up locally on Craigslist that ​I couldn't resist.  A lot has been written about the T386, but I'll cover a few standout areas for this review:

Tone:  Interestingly, this guitar came equipped with p rails triple shot pickups, so I won't be able to provide feedback regarding the standard kent armstrong PU's that this guitar typically comes equipped with, but I can say these duncans sound great in the T386.  Given the splitting capability, I can dial in a variety of tones.  This guitar obviously excels at Jazz, which I am excited to explore more on an electric guitar.  I can also dial in a very usable and unique humbucking tone with just the flip of a switch on the pickup.  Definitely a semi-hollow body tone I'm loving.  I'm still getting acclimated to all the settings and tones, but I have found some interesting, usable configurations.  Not sure if others are familiar with this pickup combination, but I was not familiar with this set prior to purchasing the guitar.  More here:

https://www.seymourduncan.com/single-pro...t-set-flat
(I added a photo of the different PU combinations below)

Playability and feel:  This has been my biggest epiphany about the T386.  I've never owned an ES335 body style guitar, but given I spend 90 percent of my playing time on an acoustic, the size of the T386 is a very natural fit, given its larger body.  There is a comfort with how my right arm rests on the upper body, along with the angle of my left arm.

The neck is very comfortable.  I am not sure what the actual radius is, but it's a pretty flat fretboard which makes it excellent for chording.  The C shape fits my hand pretty well.  I'm not sure that I'd change anything.  Super easy access to upper frets.  

Other:  I think the natural finish looks great.  No flaws in the finish that I can see.  Eastman quality obviously is present (this guitar birthdate is May 2021).  Also - I really appreciate the lighter weight of the guitar as a semi-hollow.  The Eastman case is quite nice as well.

Anyway - hope this helps with some initial feedback.  Great guitar... and yes, hopefully I can get a live video of the guitar in action soon!  

[Image: IVo9EKp.jpg]
[Image: NKeXM2h.jpg]
noah and Pura Vida like this post
Congratulations Tim - seems like a beaut! I've never heard of those pups before, so I look forward to a recording I can listen to. Also - can I ask what the other electric guitar is on the rack?
Meathead likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
I'd love to hear the guitar, Tim. Looks great, too. If I buy another electric guitar, it will almost certainly be an Eastman.
Pura Vida and Meathead like this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Thanks Alan, Steve!  

I'll use the T386 for my next video... stay tuned!
Pura Vida likes this post
A much belated congratulations, Tim!  I realized that I haven't been spending any time in the electric sub-forum, so I'm just catching up.  I love my T185MX, which is a little smaller (15" instead of 16") and all solid wood.  I need to play it more!
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young