Eastman E10D-TC
A little background: Since passing my D18 to my daughter and my Santa Cruz OM/PW to my son (which I promised them when I turned 70), I had to get something to take the to take their place; and being retired, something good but affordable. That is why I bought the E10D-TC.

So, I want  to give a further update on my E10D-TC guitar.  Initially, I was disappointed with the set up and the sound. Turned out that it was the strings. After changing the strings  to Light Martin Monel Lights and a slight adjustment of the adjustment rod, the guitar played and sounded much better. I left the monel’s on several weeks and then changed them out with Santa Cruz Low Tension parabolic strings - Amazing difference to the tone and feel all the way up the neck. Also, it took time to get use to 12’ radius, a big difference to standard 16’ radius of the D18 (my Cruz OM/PW has 14’ radius). 

I am so pleased with the E10D that I bought a new E1P-LD Blues Master to take care of my incurable itch with Flat Picking, old time music, and blues. 

Happily Retired and just a pretty good guitar player,

tomthebaptist (a recovering Baptist).
AlanSam likes this post
(02-20-2024, 04:56 PM)Jeffafa Wrote: I have always been in awe of the lower bout of my 2010 E20D that measures a full 5 inches on the outside and knew the growl from the guitar was enhanced by this extra 1/4 inch.  Now you're saying that the newer dreads from Eastman have been reduced in depth in the lower bout since the Bourgeois collaboration ??  I'm sorry to hear that and I will hang on to the E20D forever. I do learn something every time I sign in here. Thanks.

Jeff - you might care to look at this and the associated posts where a variety of views are expressed,.  including one by Vapour whose concerns I share:-
https://www.eastmanguitarfans.com/Thread...+bourgeois
I categorize Eastman builds as pre and post June 2021  - BD (before Dana) and AD (after Dana).
Alan (recovering hippy)
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis