Eastman Can Do Better
I recently purchased an E20SSV and while it's amazing it has terrible case. Not only does the case give off a horrendous glue smell that taints just about any guitar that is in the case longer than a few minutes, part of the handle snapped the other day. I don't know who is making these cases but in my opinion Eastman needs to switch ASAP.

For context, both my 2017 and 2019 E10D-TC and E20D-TC came with nice cases that had none of these problems. Even as recent as my early 2022 my shipped with a nice case. However, the most recent manufacturer is not cutting it. Eastman can do better, needs to do better.

What case would you recommend for a Eastman slop dread in the $100-200 range? I am not looking to spend a fortune or buy any high end brand name. I just need something that won't have these issues and will fit. What do you all recommend.
JPH
I just received a Hiscox Pro II for my J45. I am very impressed. It was a touch more than your budget, but exceptional. I also have a Gator case that I really like. It is the soft/hard sided with a canvas cover. Very light weight and protective.

This one - https://www.amazon.com/Gator-Lightweight...=8-10&th=1

I agree with you on the smell of Eastman cases. It can be very strong and becomes attached to the guitar. I have used sunlight and softener strips which seem to mitigate the smell over time.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
The Hiscox cases are great.  My D18 loves its new home. In a similar vein I think Martin skimps with the cases on the D18's.
Winfielder likes this post
D18 

"We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion-year-old carbon and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden"

Joni Mitchell
I've had a couple Eastman cases with strong-ish smells. Adding a couple dryer sheets helped diminish the smell, which eventually vanished. Never had one break, though.
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter