Eastman AR380ce
Just picked up a virtually new 2015 AR380ce and am impressed. It is the low end of the line Eastman developed with advice from jazz guitarist John Pisano. All laminate with a beautiful honey burst fimish, maple binding, and two hunbucker pickups. Lots of small, well thought out details. Definitely a jazz box. There are quite a few videos of John Pisano playing live with the prototype of this model and it sounds exactly like I expected.
DonJmmn, AlanSam, Pura Vida, Lukew, Oldjock like this post

Attached Files

Looks great! My 380 is my number 1 guitar - I love it! I bought mine new in 2018.

I use Gerlitz Guitar Honey to condition my fretboard and I also rub it into the wooden knobs. They soak it right up but don't feel greasy or oily to the touch. You might consider using it on your knobs as well.

Happy playing!
Pura Vida likes this post
Good tip. No was just about to condition the fretboard. Did you use it on the pickguard, too?
Yes, pickguard, tailpiece, and even the bridge (thought not on the underside where it touches the top of the guitar).
Playing this guitar for a few weeks now and I am really impressed. Definitely designed and built for jazz. If you Google John Pisano you will find a number of videos in which he, or another guitarist, is playing the prototype version of the AR380.
Sunra2 - pity you couldn't record something and post it.
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
The AR380 (prototype) is the honey burst guitar on the left. https://youtu.be/eRfqLOSr4y8
Pura Vida and AlanSam like this post
A belated congrats on the new Eastman.  That's a good looking guitar, and thanks for sharing the video, so we can hear how it sounds too.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
With a user naneblime PuraVida there must be Costa Rica in your past!
Indeed!  It's actually in my present.  My family has been going down there for the last decade and have a house down there.  Once the kids are grown, we hope to divide our time between the U.S. and Costa Rica.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young