Eastman AH6OM 2012 with Nice Upgrades and OHSC
Hi everyone - frequent lurker and occasional poster Sunburster (Gary) here. My AH6OM isn't getting much playing time these days, and I could use the funds for other things, so I've decided to sell.

Price is $795, plus $85 shipping - CONUS only. Here is a link to the Reverb listing (which has over 20 photos), as well as the full text of the listing. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Would love to see this nice Eastman find a new home with a forum member!

Eastman AH6OM 2012 with Upgrades

This is rare and really nice Eastman OM. This guitar is one of about 400 made by Eastman in 2012 for the Music & Arts music store chain. It is very similar to the E6OM Limited - with premium woods, herringbone trim and rosette, abalone fretboard markers, and a backstrip.

Nicely ambered sitka top, with tons of silking in the grain. Beautiful bookmatched set of curly mahogany back and sides. Ebony fingerboard and bridge.

Medium chunky neck profile. Bone nut. Nut width measures 1 23/32 (just shy of 1 3/4). Frets are in great shape with hardly any wear. The satin nitro lacquer on the back of the neck has worn to a nice soft gloss, and is super comfortable to play.

No cracks, breaks or issues. Cosmetics are not perfect – it’s got a few minor dings here and there, and marks on the headstock from string changes. But overall it presents really well, with a nice vintage-y vibe.

Loud, wonderful tone fingerpicked or flatpicked. Really well balanced bass to treble, with lots of warm overtones. The guitar has been professionally set up and Plek’d, and the action is low with no buzzing. It has a K&K pickup system installed, and it sounds as stellar plugged in as it does acoustically.  

This guitar has had the following upgrades:

- K&K pickup system ($200) (upgrade over the stock Fishman Matrix pickup)
- Greven "Tor-Tis" pickguard
- Strap button added at the neck heel
- Plek'd and set up by Danny Shoemaker at Straight Frets in Austin, TX ($200)

Comes with an original Eastman hard shell case in excellent condition.

Here is a description of this limited run of AH6OM guitars from Pat (PFC) at Eastman, from a 2012 thread on the Unofficial Blueridge Guitar Forum:

“It is a guitar we make exclusively for Music & Arts stores. It is an E6OM with E8OM appointments and a Fishman Matrix pickup. Very cool instrument.

Also it has the angled pin bridge that I designed to combat any imbalance with pickups and more evenly spread pressure across the top. It also reduces the break angle for the bass strings behind the saddle, so the tops won’t collapse or do anything funny. It’s a subtle change, but it makes a difference.

These guitars are all a standard 25 inch scale. The tuners are a Ping variant of the Gotoh style.”
Salsarev likes this post
I stumbled on one of these via GC in need of TLC. After some work it is just a fun guitar to have.  I think Gary sums it up very well. Surprisingly loud for a 000 body and just great tone and balance. The case on mine was toast, so I found a decent light weight soft sided case. This model is a hidden little pearl. Good luck with your sale.
Tom
Pura Vida likes this post
(11-21-2019, 10:35 PM)TomC Wrote: I stumbled on one of these via GC in need of TLC. After some work it is just a fun guitar to have.  I think Gary sums it up very well. Surprisingly loud for a 000 body and just great tone and balance. The case on mine was toast, so I found a decent light weight soft sided case. This model is a hidden little pearl. Good luck with your sale.
Tom

Thanks, Tom - I appreciate it!
billymo likes this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nice SB59 on Dave's Meathead 0 848 08-23-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Meathead
  FOR SALE: EASTMAN AC808 IN OHSC SOLD PENDING FUNDS laportecharlie 2 1,777 04-05-2018, 11:11 AM
Last Post: laportecharlie