Eastman AC822
This is killing me! This literally came on the market ONE DAY after I paid a significant amount more for mine!

https://maine.craigslist.org/msg/d/eastm...79358.html
Nathan, welcome to the forum.

Not that the 10yr old Eastmans are not worthy instruments but Eastman's building has been on a steady step up in overall quality. I had an AC815 from that 2008 time period and can assure you that the new AC822 is hugely better built guitar. The refinements Eastman has made in their finished products are at an all-time high.

If you prize beautiful, clear tone rosewood/engelmann, you are going to be extremely happy with your new AC822.

IMO, you shouldn't feel uneasy about your purchase. Your will be owning a hand-made, boutique guitar as good as any to be found. bert
(02-12-2018, 08:02 AM)Bert Wrote: Nathan, welcome to the forum.

Not that the 10yr old Eastmans are not worthy instruments but Eastman's building has been on a steady step up in overall quality.  I had an AC815 from that 2008 time period and can assure you that the new AC822 is hugely better built guitar.  The refinements Eastman has made in their finished products are at an all-time high.

If you prize beautiful, clear tone rosewood/engelmann, you are going to be extremely happy with your new AC822.

IMO, you shouldn't feel uneasy about your purchase.  Your will be owning a hand-made, boutique guitar as good as any to be found.  bert

Thanks for the welcome and the reassuring words! Do you happen to know the years the 800 series were produced? I keep hearing they have been discontinued for a few years, but see ones online that say they are from just a year or 2 ago
Nathan, I'm smiling about your purchase. The AC822 is basically a AC722 but with select woods and high end trim. Many builders stash away their best wood pieces until they have enough to make a run of some select model, so they come and go is the norm. Martin, Taylor, etc all do this from time to time. Some try to put lipstick on a pig but not the case with Eastman.

The AC800 series are often in limited supply, same for the AC600 series. I have never played or seen a better jumbo than my son's 2014 AC630. I smile when ever he brings it over, you're in for a big smile is what I think. bert
I’ll echo everything that Bert says. Eastman guitars continue to get better and better, and this is a case where I’d prefer to own something from the last few years. Don’t second guess your purchase, especially if you enjoy what you got for the price. There will always be some crazy deal out there, and 9 times out of 10, you’re gonna get what you pay for. Enjoy your 822!
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(02-12-2018, 05:15 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: I’ll echo everything that Bert says. Eastman guitars continue to get better and better, and this is a case where I’d prefer to own something from the last few years. Don’t second guess your purchase, especially if you enjoy what you got for the price. There will always be some crazy deal out there, and 9 times out of 10, you’re gonna get what you pay for. Enjoy your 822!

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. I AM very happy with what I paid for the guitar - but it's still a blind purchase... I guess I'll have to make the final decision when it arrives...

This post wasn't for me to complain that I paid more than I should have for a guitar, this post was to encourage people to buy THIS one!!! Sorry if I made that unclear. This is a great deal, and I think someone should snap this up if they can! I actually found mine on a craigslist that wasn't local to me, and I approached the buyer cautiously as to not scare them away from shipping, and we worked out a deal using paypal and reverb - it made the whole transaction very safe, and everyone was completely at ease! i encourage someone to try something similar with this ad if they want the guitar badly enough!
Got it, Nathan, and no worries. I'd be anxious to buy remotely via CL, so glad you found a safe way to make the transaction. Can't wait to read the update, once your AC822 arrives!
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
I would absolutely love to have an AC822. You made a great choice. Love the 800 series. Nathan, be sure to post photos when yours arrives.
Found another one, albeit not as good of a deal. Might be worth it if you could negotiate with the seller though, seeing as this model is a bit rare. AND it's a CE!

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ms...47747.html
(02-11-2018, 10:57 PM)nazump Wrote: This is killing me! This literally came on the market ONE DAY after I paid a significant amount more for mine!

https://maine.craigslist.org/msg/d/eastm...79358.html

you probably just paid a fair price for what an AC822 is worth. I've been loving playing my AC822 today. I might message and email every seller if I can find them, and tell them to raise their price to $1400+. I did post on a thread just last week for an AC822 seller to raise his price, and that also can effect the buyers perception about the guitar. Most guitars I sell I say price is firm, in other words, "it's worth what I'm asking". The 800 Series is exquisite in quality of construction and woods and appearance. The neck has the best playability of any quitar I've played. It's a stunning beauty "looker". The reason you can find one on occasion for $850 is just that they generally will sell slow due to a small market of knowledgeable buyers. The 800 Series has been compared to Collings boutiques by several folks, and the Eastman usually is said not to come up to the Collings, "slightly" not as good. OK, well $1400 (maybe $850?) used vs $3500 used. Eastmans best luthiers were assigned to building them. I think Eastman stopped making the 800 Series because the cost of those "best quality" woods, forced Eastman to compete in a higher priced market than their executives thought fit into their image and marketing strategy, at the time. I think that one guitar characteristic, when playing a high end expensive guitar, is the feel of and playability of the neck, the frets don't stick out of the top and bottom of the neck, the frets are fitted better, the neck just feels really good and expensive like $2500 Taylors and Martins and Eastman's 800 series. A theory is that when playing a really comfortable guitar, easy on the left hand, we play for longer periods of time and then become better at playing. So, hey, I'll give you $950 for the AC822 and then maybe you go get a Collings  Shy

Eastman AC422CE
CAUTION: I'm Singing A Christian Song (AC422)[/font][/size]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfM4wJZUYoE

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  eastman ac822 ce for sale mennace 3 1,327 01-28-2021, 12:15 PM
Last Post: mennace