EASTMAN E2 OM
Hello, to everyone. I just joined this Eastman site as I am interested in Eastman guitars. I've owned an Eastman MD-305 mandolin for approx.5 years, and am extremely happy with it's overall quality and playability at such a reasonable price point. I come from a banjo and mandolin playing background but recently started expanding my collection of stringed instruments to include tenor guitars and 6 string guitars.

I prefer OM size guitars to dreadnaughts and am interested in purchasing an Eastman E2 OM model with the cedar top. That particular instrument seems to have a lot of good reviews and the sound clips I've heard appeal to me. I've done a bit of a search on the net for sellers of this model and it appears to be not widely available. I thought I would ask the experts on this site, who they would recommend as a seller of this guitar. Perhaps someone has a favourite Eastman vendor they have ordered from in the past and has had a good experience(s). Thanks so much for any input!!
Timelessdrifter likes this post
hi Tuscionjoe

i don't know if international shipping is a hassle, but Brett from
Sounds Good Music in Ottawa, Canada is very good to deal with,
and i know  he has E2 OM's in stock, one pure acoustic the 
other with an LR Baggs Element installed. 

you can check him out on directly
https://www.facebook.com/soundsgoodmusic1/

or on reverb  (and he's open to offers)

all best,
noah
Thanks so much, Noah! I'm in our winter home in Tucson, Az. until April, but will be going back to Canada for the summer. "Sounds Good Music", being a Canadian vendor will work out perfectly, as I was going to take the guitar back to Canada with me. I'll just wait until I get back to Canada to order.  I really appreciate that very useful information. Have you ever played an E2 OM, Noah, and if so what was your opinion of the guitar?   Take care and thanks again!
glad to help, sure.

i had the spruce top, rw fingerboard forerunner, the eastman AC-OM1, and really liked it: ajoy to play and it opened up beautifully. I moved on from it, though, after several years, once i discovered 1  3/4" nuts, a feature of the E series.

all best, tj!
Thanks, Noah! Really appreciate all your help and information! Best, TJ.
(oh, and The Guitar Boutique in Bethany (Ontario) also typically has eastmans in stock.

Nick's the owner; good guy.
"On Preston platform, do your soft-shoe shuffle dance..."   Ian Anderson

Eastman AC 222
Eastman AR 403
Recording King RO-328
Taylor 322e
Gibsonj-15
Godin Exit 22
Thanks, Noah! I appreciate the name of the other vendor in case those two Eastmans sell quickly at "Sounds Good Music". Your information is exactly what I was looking for when I started the thread. ?
Welcome to the forum Tusconjoe!

I can second Noah's recommendation of Sounds Good Music, as that is where I purchased my E2D.  They also did a good job of packing my guitar for the trip from Ontario to Alberta.  Another advantage of buying the guitar in Canada instead of the US, is that you won't have to pay 5% duty when crossing the border. 

I don't have experience with the E2OM, but I can tell you that I am very pleased with my E2D.  The cedar top seems to match well with the sapele back and sides, and produces a very nice tone.  Contrary to my experience with multiple cedar topped Seagull guitars, the E2D does have a lot of head room, so can be played aggressively.

Enjoy the new E2OM!

Rod
(02-14-2024, 06:07 PM)Guzzi Fan Wrote: Welcome to the forum Tusconjoe!

I can second Noah's recommendation of Sounds Good Music, as that is where I purchased my E2D.  They also did a good job of packing my guitar for the trip from Ontario to Alberta.  Another advantage of buying the guitar in Canada instead of the US, is that you won't have to pay 5% duty when crossing the border. 

I don't have experience with the E2OM, but I can tell you that I am very pleased with my E2D.  The cedar top seems to match well with the sapele back and sides, and produces a very nice tone.  Contrary to my experience with multiple cedar topped Seagull guitars, the E2D does have a lot of head room, so can be played aggressively.

Enjoy the new E2OM!

Rod

Thanks, Rod! Great info! I might end up purchasing an E2D as well, or a cutaway 122ce-2ce. The price point is stellar and they both get great reviews. I'm from Saskatchewan, so we're pretty much neighbours!! ?
AlanSam likes this post
Yes, we are definitely neighbours! A sure sign is that you even spell the word "neighbours" correctly!  (A dig at our American friends!   Wink ).

I have attached a link to a YouTube video comparison of the three cedar topped Eastmans: