E8 OM (sitka) or E20 OM (adi) for fingerstyle ??
I’m mainly playing with bare fingers, which one would you recommend ? Did you have played both ?

Thank you !
Eastman E8OM-TC
Eastman E20D-TC
Either one will be fine, but I think that Adi has a little more clarity.
(note: I don't play fingerstyle, so just a general observation)
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
When I changed my PCH 1 OM, I tried both and my preference was for the E8-OM with the sweet treeble balance and richness of the harmonics. The adi top had more projection and clarity but I prefer the intimity of the E8-OM (I played finger style and strumming. The E8-OM is also great with pick and have a lot of volume).
Pura Vida and AlanSam like this post
(12-20-2022, 12:35 AM)Dadra Wrote: When I changed my PCH 1 OM, I tried both and my preference was for the E8-OM with the sweet treeble balance and richness of the harmonics. The adi top had more projection and clarity but I prefer the intimity of the E8-OM (I played finger style and strumming. The E8-OM is also great with pick and have a lot of volume).

Thank you, by chance did you try also the TC version ?
Eastman E8OM-TC
Eastman E20D-TC
Either model will be fine for fingerstyle. It comes down to the age old argument, which tone wood is better and what sound are you looking for? I have two Adirondack topped guitars and with one Sitka. I find sitka to be warmer, mellower and my adi's with more clarity, headroom, punchiness. Also adi take more time to lose it's harshness and to open up but with the TC models that part may not as important as it once was. 

Also do you prefer rosewood over mahogany? I think adi over mahogany is Eastman's best wood combo.
AlanSam and Pura Vida like this post
2015 E20 OM SB Eastman
2021 000-15 SM Martin
2016 00-18 Martin
2015 E10 00 Eastman
(12-20-2022, 11:06 AM)sagebrush tom Wrote: Either model will be fine for fingerstyle. It comes down to the age old argument, which tone wood is better and what sound are you looking for? I have two Adirondack topped guitars and with one Sitka. I find sitka to be warmer, mellower and my adi's with more clarity, headroom, punchiness. Also adi take more time to lose it's harshness and to open up but with the TC models that part may not as important as it once was. 

Also do you prefer rosewood over mahogany? I think adi over mahogany is Eastman's best wood combo.

I’m not so convinced by mahogany in term of aesthetic first and in term of sound I prefer low/high of rosewood (but I had only 1 cedar mahogany guitar which was fine but a little too relax for my taste)

I already have dread adi and I wanted a different flavor in term of size first because of OM short scale.
In term of sound I really like the tone of my E20d-tc, don’t find it harsh or bright, in term of budget also E8om is nice but you still wonder about tc, etc Smile
AlanSam likes this post
Eastman E8OM-TC
Eastman E20D-TC
I owned both at the same time, kept the E8OM, because it was sweeter and more pleasant.

Eventually replaced it with an E40OM. It's more resonant than either of the previous, but still doesn't have the warmth of the E8OM. But is has more color and dynamic range, crispness, volume and sensitivity.

I really don't think you can go wrong with a good E8OM.
TomC and Pura Vida like this post
2021 Eastman AC622CE
2020 Eastman E40OM
2020 Eastman AC308CE (Limited Edition)
2020 Martin HD-28
2021 Eastman PCH3-GACE
2004 Gibson Les Paul Studio, wine red
1999 Taylor 714 custom, Cedar/Brazilian Rosewood
(12-20-2022, 04:22 AM)cfranchi Wrote: Thank you, by chance did you try also the TC version ?

Yep, I tried the E8 and E6-OM TC and non TC. On the E8-OM TC the E hight was more mellow but less present than the normal version. I preferred the non TC version of the E8-OM. The E6 OM-TC was more equilibrate than the non-TC version...
I would like to try an E8-om with Alpine top ! Tongue
cfranchi and Pura Vida like this post