E6OM-TC vs E8OM-TC for fingerstyle
Did you play both ? How do they compare ?
SasquatchLife likes this post
Eastman E8OM-TC
Eastman E20D-TC
I previously owned the non TC E6OM, and currently own the E8OM-TC. You should expect more overtones, and a more scooped sound on the E8. More bass and treble presence, and less mids. Whereas the E6 would be more fundamental, have less overtones, and would be more mids dominant. I think you would like find a more complex sound in the E8. However, all of what I described are general differences between mahogany and rosewood. This isn't necessarily the rule.

But having never played the E6OM-TC, maybe it's different than the regular E6OM that I owned.

I personally prefer my E8OM-TC over my old E6OM.
I get wonderful overtones from my E8 that really lends to my fingerstyle playing. My E8 also has incredible bass presence for an OM. I always found the bass lacking on my E6, and I felt like the sound wasn't full enough since it was so fundamental.
Pura Vida likes this post
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
I wil caveat this with the fact that I haven't played either of the two you mention, but have a new E10OM-TC and have owned various Martin OM/000 guitars in both rosewood and mahogany builds. I can say with Martin I typically prefer the rosewood back/side models, as the mahogany ones I had were pretty dry - lots of fundamental, not a lot of overtone. When I was trying to decide between E10OM and E20OM in Eastman, listening to various YouTube videos pushed me to the 10 because it tended to sound a bit richer than a typical mahogany. I find it is somewhat of a middle ground. Not sure how much the TC is contributing.

I played the E10OM-TC and Martin OM-28e Modern Deluxe back to back for my wife and she preferred the Eastman finger style, said it had a clearer voice and was more balanced string-to-string. I think that reflects a bit less scoop in the mids. Strummed it was a toss up for her - which tells me the E10OM-TC can get pretty chimey when you push it a bit. Feature, not a bug for me, ymmv.
Pura Vida likes this post
Eastman AR880CE | AR580CE | E10OM-TC | Comins GCS-1 Bigsby | Fender Ultra Strat | Beard Radio R Standard Hipshot 
Fodera and Nordstrand fretted - Rob Allen and Nordstrand fretless basses

www.nostatic.com 
” sometimes science is more art than science…”   -Rick Sanchez
The two replies cover it.  The main difference is going to be driven by Mahogany vs. Rosewood, so it's just a matter of personal preference.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E8OM-TC vs E20OM -TC for fingerstyle cfranchi 5 2,166 06-04-2022, 08:43 AM
Last Post: cfranchi