E6OM & D - TC @ Dave's
I wonder where they get these. Either priced at $750. 

https://davesguitar.com/products/Eastman...la-crosse/
Pura Vida likes this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
I've been wondering the same thing.  Those two TC models for $750 are awfully tempting.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
There was a beautiful E8OM that came in with a very nice bear claw top that I had my eye on and before I could count my pennies it was on hold and then gone.  They've had some great looking guitars at killer prices there.  I was afraid they had stopped getting stock since no new ones were posted for about a month.  Glad they are getting some in again.
2020 Eastman E10SS/V; 2020 Eastman E2D; 2020 Yamaha FS830; 2021 Farida OT-22W; 2022 Alvarez MD60BG; 2022 AC630 SB; 2023 Eastman AC622CE
(01-26-2021, 06:56 AM)TomC Wrote: I wonder where they get these. Either priced at $750. 

https://davesguitar.com/products/Eastman...la-crosse/

I don't know how they do it either, but I have a theory. I bought my 2020 E8D used from them for $795. Basically a brand new E8D for over $300 off. My E8D didn't come with a COA or certificate of authenticity.

My theory is that the used Eastman's Dave's sell are guitars that never passed the final QC in Pomona or wherever the final QC facility is for Eastman.

I think there is some defect preventing Eastman from giving it a final or legitimate certificate of authenticity, and then Eastman sells it to Dave's at a discount. If there is no COA, then Eastman doesn't have to warranty any future issues which devalues the guitar. Dave's probably buys it from Eastman at several hundred off, and thus they can share those savings with their used Eastman offerings.

Or there is some type of flaw with the guitar, and then Eastman sells it as-is to Dave's who then fixes it.

My E8D has a noticeable gap where the heel/neck meets the body. Mine also had some noticeable finish marks on the neck, and I can physically feel the imperfections on the neck. I didn't experience either issue with the other 2 Eastman's that I bought as brand new.

I'm might be wrong, but I think the used Eastmans that Dave's sells are the B-Stock that Eastman doesn't fully authenticate or pass through final QC.

None of Dave's used Eastmans include a COA, and there's a reason for that.

Another thing I noticed is that the used Eastman's at Dave's all have a manufactured date no older than a year. Mine was bought in 2020, and it was manufactured in 2020. To me, this further proves they are newly manufactured B-Stock Eastman guitars.

If the used stock at Dave's included a COA or were older, then I would just think that they are truly used or multi owner guitars. Most used guitars still include the COA

But they are always basically brand new yet used guitars, and they NEVER have the COA.

That's my theory, and to me it's the only logical explanation.
DonJmmn, AlanSam, eastmanschool, sleigh like this post
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
You might be correct about them being 'B' stock - if so it would be better they advertise them as such. But I guess you could still get a good deal?
SasquatchLife likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Jordan may be correct.  It would be interesting to request a COA from Eastman and see if they provide one.  I've seen both new and used guitars get sold without a COA, but Eastman's HQ is usually able to provide one.  They sent me one for my used 2016 E10D that I purchased from Ebay.  Although it didn't change the warranty status, since I purchased it used, it was something to have for resale, understand the guitar age, etc.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
You could be right... They have a boat load of Schecter guitars in stock and they are all B-Stock guitars...
SasquatchLife likes this post
(01-27-2021, 10:40 AM)harleytech Wrote: You could be right... They have a boat load of Schecter guitars in stock and they are all B-Stock guitars...

My sense is that selling B Stock guitars without letting the customer know they failed QC is fairly disreputable.  So maybe they are guitars that required final adjustments or repairs to pass QC and the custom shop in CA just sends them to Dave's to get them up to snuff instead of working on them. 

Or maybe these more like open box, where they passed QC but customers rejected for some reason or other? 

Still, great prices and seems like nothing much wrong with them but no warranty.
SasquatchLife and AlanSam like this post
2020 Eastman E10SS/V; 2020 Eastman E2D; 2020 Yamaha FS830; 2021 Farida OT-22W; 2022 Alvarez MD60BG; 2022 AC630 SB; 2023 Eastman AC622CE
I called and they give a 90 day warranty on the Schecters, That was a while back before they got in the Eastman's, Don't know if it's the same on the Eastman's.. Maybe...
Shishigashira likes this post
(01-27-2021, 04:15 AM)AlanSam Wrote: You might be correct about them being 'B' stock - if so it would be better they advertise them as such. But I guess you could still get a good deal?

Yes, I love my E8D that I bought used from Dave's. It is truly an incredible guitar IMO. Sounds great, plays great, and is beautiful. I may have to buy that E6D-TC if it hasn't sold already. That's a stupid low price for such a fantastic guitar.

(01-28-2021, 07:56 AM)Shishigashira Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 10:40 AM)harleytech Wrote: You could be right... They have a boat load of Schecter guitars in stock and they are all B-Stock guitars...

My sense is that selling B Stock guitars without letting the customer know they failed QC is fairly disreputable.  So maybe they are guitars that required final adjustments or repairs to pass QC and the custom shop in CA just sends them to Dave's to get them up to snuff instead of working on them. 

Or maybe these more like open box, where they passed QC but customers rejected for some reason or other? 

Still, great prices and seems like nothing much wrong with them but no warranty.

Yeah, I think what you said regarding Dave's getting them up to snuff could very well be true. That was the other thought in my post.

Regardless of how they do it, I would buy used from Dave's again without any hesitation. In fact, they have the best used Eastman prices around and it's really not even close. I love my E8D I bought from Dave's.

For me, I will buy new Eastman from The Acousric Shoppe or LA Guitar Sales. But used Eastman is Dave's all day long.
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D