E6D-TC Alpine KEPT and E6OM-TC Alpine TRADED
(09-26-2022, 03:15 PM)TomC Wrote: Kopp Advanced Jumbo. There is a local one that the guy is going to let go (as well as other guitars) to fund the new Corvette he has on order. I am still working on getting there, and I am not sure I will make it. I have others which I haven't resolved to let go which may need to be offered up. Also as an at-home player with the occasion local jam - do I really need a guitar of this level?

Of course!
AlanSam and Pura Vida like this post
Yes,
That is an ideal home guitar, you will become a better player you will just want to keep playing it, very addictive sound and feel. They have had a couple at Gryphon.
Duke
Pura Vida likes this post
Tom - if you did buy the Kopp you would play it enjoy it and then, knowing you, move it on. And I agree with Duke - it is a great guitar for playing at home, certainly far too precious to be risked gigging. If you took care of it, it would not depreciate much if at all and overall probably wouldn't prove to be much of a net cost. I have a Bourgeois which I bought used and will probably move on soon, and I will almost certainly get my money back - or most of it. But there would also be a cost in terms of p&p both ways and maybe Reverb/Ebay or similar fees. I do have capital tied up in guitars but overall as a hobby, guitars cost in for me - speaking as an inveterate noodler.
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
If I'd been in the US….
I think I have about 15 or 16 guitars. I'm pretty much at a stage where parting with almost any of them would likely cause me to just re-purchase another model. It amazes me how cheap these guitars are in the US. Strong greenback, I guess.
My acoustic 12 string is out of my league. It bewitched me, and I'm uncomfortable having such an expensive guitar that gets played rarely. 
so, I'm playing it. Only way to be worthy of an instrument is to play it. The better the instrument, though, the less forgiving it is to mistakes. That's my experience, anyway.
2014 Martin D-28;
2013 Martin OM-21;
2009 Martin OOO-M;
2012 Lakewood M-34 12 Custom;
2020 Guild F40e;
2008 Lakewood M-18;
2007 Hanika 54PC.
2021 Eastman E1-D Cla.
2023 Yamaha FS-3.
and some electrics…
My thoughts on it: if this is a dream guitar, and you can get it for a good price, then this is the time to explore that dream.  Even if it doesn't work, Tom will likely get all (or at least most) of his $$$ back out of it.  And if it does work, then the dream is fulfilled (we should all be so lucky, right?).  The guitars he's moving are great instruments, but ones that he can likely get back with a little searching and some luck thrown in.
TomC and sleigh like this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? The Alpine D is still available. Great condition and a JJB pick-up installed.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
Grab it, someone. The E6D Alpine is a great guitar!
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Reasonable offers will be entertained.

And now I won't. I have decided I won't give away the guitar. It seems the used guitar market has gotten a little softer the last few months compared to 2021. I am getting the impression the current market price for a used E6D-TC is between $750-$850. Subtract out shipping costs and PP fees, and the net to me is worth less than the pleasure I get out of playing it. I will find the funds for the Kopp from somewhere else. Oh well - definitely a first world problem.
sleigh, Pura Vida, AlanSam like this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eastman E8D-TC Acoustic Guitar / Natural Swiss Alpine Spruce Thermal Top w/HS Case Sjm1580 1 1,162 04-17-2023, 06:03 PM
Last Post: SasquatchLife
  WTB - E6D -TC Alpine Dwills 7 1,460 02-10-2023, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Dwills
  $sold on Reverb E6D-TC Alpine mlavallee23 13 2,987 06-25-2022, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida