E20OM - $725 + shipping
I have no affiliation with the seller, but I came across this today.  It seems to be in excellent condition and would be a nice buy for anyone seeking a Rosewood/Adi OM.  http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forum...p?t=506099
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Not bad at all... and he's in Phoenix!  Smile
And the price of this model just increased, so def a nice discount vs. new.  Tim, if you check it out, let us know how it sounds.
It sounds AMAZING! How do I know? I bought it. Just showed up yesterday and I love it. Jim is a great seller and packed it well and shipped it quickly. That is two new or used Eastman NGD's that I need to prepare and post. I have been slacking.
(04-17-2018, 07:33 AM)backdoc Wrote: It sounds AMAZING! How do I know? I bought it. Just showed up yesterday and I love it. Jim is a great seller and packed it well and shipped it quickly. That is two new or used Eastman NGD's that I need to prepare and post. I have been slacking.

Congratulations backdoc. I'd say the E20OM is one of or maybe the most popular Eastman seller in recent years. Looks like you did good. Are you a back & spine doc in Phoenix. We moved here to Greeneville, TN from Tempe, AZ where we lived for 25 years, never got used to the heat and the scorpions, but I could play golf 360 days/yr in a T Shirt. I taught Science at Mesa College and Rio Salado College. Have you ever been to Bizarre Guitars, on 7th Av or 7th St, Phoenix, an Eastman dealer, a big shop, competitive pricing, owner Bob Turner?

Eastman AC422CE
CAUTION: I'm Singing A Christian Song (AC422)[/font][/size]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfM4wJZUYoE

(04-17-2018, 08:23 AM)billymo Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 07:33 AM)backdoc Wrote: It sounds AMAZING! How do I know? I bought it. Just showed up yesterday and I love it. Jim is a great seller and packed it well and shipped it quickly. That is two new or used Eastman NGD's that I need to prepare and post. I have been slacking.

Congratulations backdoc. I'd say the E20OM is one of or maybe the most popular Eastman seller in recent years. Looks like you did good. Are you a back & spine doc in Phoenix. We moved here to Greeneville, TN from Tempe, AZ where we lived for 25 years, never got used to the heat and the scorpions, but I could play golf 360 days/yr in a T Shirt. I taught Science at Mesa College and Rio Salado College. Have you ever been to Bizarre Guitars, on 7th Av or 7th St, Phoenix, an Eastman dealer, a big shop, competitive pricing, owner Bob Turner? 

I'm a chiropractor in NC just a bit east of Raleigh. I bought this on the AGF forum and trusted that it was everything that the seller said and fortunately it is. He posted great pictures of the bridge, saddle and string action and that was the one area that you know from my other posts was an area of concern. This one sounds great and has great action and plenty of saddle (but not too much) for future adjustments. The only downside if you can call it that was the "character" of the Adi top. It is nicely book matched, so on either side there are some grain irregularities, but from my reading on the topic they are not uncommon and don't affect tone. From my playing experience with it so far I can say I concur. This thing is a cannon! It has great tone and is LOUD! It is seriously is going to make me question if I really need to keep my E6D (Nah, not really. I love that one too!)

I did spend my summers and every Christmas as a child in Phoenix since all my relatives on my dad's side lived there. I grew up in San Diego, CA.
backdoc, congrats on the E20OM!  I'm so happy that someone from our EGF group was able to make the deal happen.  And yes, I don't think that those book-matched grain character affects the sound (see my posts on my 2016 E40D's shadow figuring; that guitar has amazing tone!).  Cheers!
After playing it a bit more, I think the saddle might be a bit low for my preferences. I think I'm getting a bit of fret buzz on the high e string. Likely it is the difference in atmospheric conditions from Phoenix and NC. Does anyone know where to source an original bone saddle for this guitar? I think I found the right replacement in tusq, but I'd love to have a stock bone saddle to start fresh with.

Edit: So Eastman suggested an allparts bone saddle for Gibson, but the after I hung up I found that the radius for the allparts saddle is 16" and our Eastmans are supposed to have a 12" fretboard radius, so I ordered a bone saddle and a tusq saddle from two different vendors on Amazon. I will try both, but this guitar is very bright, so tusq might add even more brightness but I'll try both and see. I'm sure some elbow grease and sandpaper will be required for either one to fit. I'll post my results in the Acoustic section in case someone is looking for this info down the road.
(04-18-2018, 01:05 PM)backdoc Wrote: Hey backdoc....fellow member from the Raleigh area here.  Glad you snagged that guitar!  

I've built a handful of guitars and have done some minor repairs.  I'm not an expert, but I could suggest two different options on the saddle. 

First off, some people will shim the saddle from the bottom, with a thin shim of ebony, superglued to the bottom of the saddle.  Many people say it does not negatively impact tone...although I would find it hard to prove or disprove that claim.  But doing this obviously keeps the shape of the top of the saddle in its original form.

Second option could be Bob Colosi, who is pretty well known on various forums for being a great supplier of bone saddles and pins.  You can google him and find his website pretty easily.

Third...if you need shim material or want some minor assistance if you are trying this yourself, you can feel free to PM me.  I've shaped a few saddles and shimmed a few as well over the years.  Again, I don't claim to be an expert, but happy to help out if you need it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink For sale E10D-TC, E20D-TC, E20OM-TC, E20OM davidkook21c 2 1,497 02-12-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: davidkook21c