E1D, E1D Special, E10D-TC comparison
The E1D sounded pretty puny to me. Of the other two, the E10 was IMO more resonant than the E1D Special. The point made by RomanS is a fair one - it's unlikely any two guitars of the same make and model will sound absolutely identical. But for example I've had hands on three Martin 000-28s, all different but which sounded far more similar to each other than any of them did to a Bourgeois RW om.

SasquatchLife likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
(07-30-2023, 01:44 PM)RomanS Wrote: Ha, I'm quite surprised about the comments here, and the preference for the E10D from this video - because it was my least favorite one of these three, it sounded kinda mid-scooped; if I hadn't known what it was, I would have thought this was a rosewood-back guitar.

My favorite BY FAR was the E1D Special - super dry, woody, mid-forward tone, really nice (BTW, my "regular" E1D sounds kinda like that, mine most likely has a TC top, too).

The E1D was... OK; liked it better than the E10D, but not as much as that Special.

But frankly, there's so much variation between different specimens of the same model, that a test like this can only be a snapshot of these 3 particular guitars, not a general comment about these models. Eg my own E1D sounds completely different from another one I played at a local store, that sounds very bland...
I currently own an E1D , E1SS (Similar to the E1 Special?) and use to own an E10SS. I'm sure some of what I've heard on these guitars had a lot to do with my stating the E10D, All not the exact but, pretty similar......
Eastman E1SS                                       Guild D40E
Eastman AC322ce                                  Guild D20E
                                                            Guild D2512 12 string
Eastman  E1D-CLA  (Split Bridge Sad )      G&L ASAT Special Tribute                            
Eastman E2D-BK   (Lifting Bridge  Angry )         
Thanks for sharing the video!

I thought the regular E1D sounded a tad out of tune. Or it had some shrill trebles.

I thought the E1D-SP and E10D-TC both sounded really good. I honestly think I preferred the E1D-SP though. On the single notes video, I may have slightly preferred the E10D-TC, but overall I preferred the E1D-SP.
AlanSam likes this post
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
I preferred the sound of the E1Ds, listening on headphones. I have to admit, I rarely prefer Adi guitars over Sitka, but this one sounded pretty good to me. Thanks for the comparison.
I would agree that the E1SP sounds best here to me...the E10 (my least fav) sounds a bit glassy, missing some of that midrange zing and to me the upper bass seems more solid on the 1's. . It's all subjective of course.
First off, thanks for making this video!

The E10D-tc was my favorite, but only barely over the E1D Special.

Ranking their overall sound on a scale of 1-10, with the E10D-tc representing a 10, I think the E1D-special was a 9 and the regular E1D was a 6 or 7.

My main takeaway from this video is that I'm shocked and impressed how great the E1D-special sounds.
SasquatchLife likes this post
Not a D person but 1st time I listened was thru my macbook speakers. So listened again using my Airpod Pros giving benefit of doubt. Came away with bout the same feeling, the 10d sounded a little fuller than the 1d and heard nothing special about the special, thin sounding in comparison. Just never put much stock into listening to any musical instrument online thru computer speakers/headphones, too many variables for my ears
nobodeuno likes this post
On this recording, I feel the 1D-SP more equilibrate and the 10D-TC not very well balanced (disappointing). The 10D could be better if really played...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone had both an E10D and an E10SS? Would love a comparison if so. Shishigashira 10 4,450 07-26-2021, 06:03 AM
Last Post: RoyBoy