E1D, E1D Special, E10D-TC comparison
I decided to make a video yesterday comparing these three models including the all new E1D-Special. I am left handed so I did the best I could do playing backwards. Please share your thoughts if you're inclined

Laut, SasquatchLife, cj59, Roy, AlanSam, Winfielder like this post
While the all sound very good, I think its pretty obvious which one sounds the best!!
Eastman E1SS                                       Guild D40E
Eastman AC322ce                                  Guild D20E
                                                            Guild D2512 12 string
Eastman  E1D-CLA  (Split Bridge Sad )      G&L ASAT Special Tribute                            
Eastman E2D-BK   (Lifting Bridge  Angry )         
To my ears, the E10D-TC blows away the E1s. But props to Dave for playing wrong-handed; I doubt that I could do that as well!
TomC and Winfielder like this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
I agree with you Steve. The 10 just seems to be on another level. One caveat - Sapele always sounds bright to me and I prefer mahogany in general. (Is that 2 caveats?)
sleigh likes this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
I agree with your two caveats, Tom, even if only one caveat is permitted per post.  Big Grin
TomC and Winfielder like this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
The special sounds the best for me, as seems most balanced and compelling. The bass side sounds great. All are fine of course.
(07-29-2023, 06:27 AM)StrayMan Wrote: While the all sound very good, I think its pretty obvious which one sounds the best!!

So, Strayman: Don't leave us guessing! Which one is obviously the best-sounding to you?
Best, Steve

Smile 
(07-29-2023, 02:31 PM)sleigh Wrote:
(07-29-2023, 06:27 AM)StrayMan Wrote: While the all sound very good, I think its pretty obvious which one sounds the best!!

So, Strayman: Don't leave us guessing! Which one is obviously the best-sounding to you? 

E10D-TC of course!
sleigh likes this post
Eastman E1SS                                       Guild D40E
Eastman AC322ce                                  Guild D20E
                                                            Guild D2512 12 string
Eastman  E1D-CLA  (Split Bridge Sad )      G&L ASAT Special Tribute                            
Eastman E2D-BK   (Lifting Bridge  Angry )         
Ha, I'm quite surprised about the comments here, and the preference for the E10D from this video - because it was my least favorite one of these three, it sounded kinda mid-scooped; if I hadn't known what it was, I would have thought this was a rosewood-back guitar.

My favorite BY FAR was the E1D Special - super dry, woody, mid-forward tone, really nice (BTW, my "regular" E1D sounds kinda like that, mine most likely has a TC top, too).

The E1D was... OK; liked it better than the E10D, but not as much as that Special.

But frankly, there's so much variation between different specimens of the same model, that a test like this can only be a snapshot of these 3 particular guitars, not a general comment about these models. Eg my own E1D sounds completely different from another one I played at a local store, that sounds very bland...
Eastman E1D, Iris OG, Guild GAD30, The Loar LH300, Harmony H167
to each his own, did I just make that saying up? oh never mind!!! So without further ado'...heard nothing special in the Special and a big D makes me nauseous, bothers my tinnitus and my right arm is hurting just thinking bout one and my parlor is ah plenty comfortable, plenty loud, dry and woody for me and my pups...so in conclusion.......... not these but I can't hear $4500 difference between a $5000 and a $500 guitar on my computer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone had both an E10D and an E10SS? Would love a comparison if so. Shishigashira 10 4,450 07-26-2021, 06:03 AM
Last Post: RoyBoy