E10SSv, E10OM-TC and E15SS available
E15SS no longer available. I will keep it which isn't a bad thing. Looks like the other guitar I was considering is just too out of my comfort level at this time.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
Tom - I suppose had you wished to share with us which guitar you had your sights on, you would have done so.
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Alan
I had some back and forth with Zissou Intern about his John Walker Wise River. I think the price he is asking is very good but just a touch out of my comfort range for a guitar that I have never played - his specifically but any in actuality. It was a dream as I search for a slope shoulder with a wider nut and a little beefier neck. My deciding not to do it should not reflect an ZI or the guitar. He was totally assume to work with and the guitar looks like a winner. It is unfortunately just a touch out of my price range.

PS added 01/10/21 -I found a mint condition, used 2020 Gibson 50's J-50 in my budget that I was able to try before buying. It cost me two Eastmans, so it better be twice as good! I do like the wider nut and beefier neck compared to the E10SSv. Time will tell as far as other positives, but so far I really like it.
Pura Vida and AlanSam like this post

Might be interested in the e10ss/V
They are all gone. Good luck with your search

(01-07-2021, 03:06 PM)TomC Wrote: I think with the E15SS I will do what PV states above. I sold the two to one guy in LA. If you use UPS through PayPal you get a little better pricing on shipping. The OM costs $65 from MN -> LA and the E10SS was $83. Standard UPS ground with insurance and signature required. I don't understand why there is a difference. Also interesting side note - if you use PayPal Friends and Family you don't get a break on the UPS. It think it works out to a little better with paying the PP fees and the reduced shipping. At least that is my experience or maybe I am just doing something wrong.

You can get shipping through PayPal?
D18 

"We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion-year-old carbon and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden"

Joni Mitchell
Shipping through PP - yes you can as long as the money wasn't sent F&F. In the past I have been quoted about $125 to send a guitar via FedEX or UPS. When I have arranged shipping via UPS through PP and when I received the money via Goods & Services, the last cost was about $65. You can tie the shipment for tracking to the PP payment and print everything right from the account. I guess it is about a wash on costs depending on the value of the guitar. I have used it because of the convenience. I am open to other suggestions if anyone knows of a more cost effective method.
Pura Vida and vashondan like this post

(06-16-2021, 06:39 AM)TomC Wrote: Shipping through PP - yes you can as long as the money wasn't sent F&F. In the past I have been quoted about $125 to send a guitar via FedEX or UPS. When I have arranged shipping via UPS through PP and when I received the money via Goods & Services, the last cost was about $65. You can tie the shipment for tracking to the PP payment and print everything right from the account. I guess it is about a wash on costs depending on the value of the guitar. I have used it because of the convenience. I am open to other suggestions if anyone knows of a more cost effective method.

Thanks.  I know of no better way.  The last one I shipped from WA to DE ended up $153.  No easy way around it.  When you say that it was a wash do you mean shipping costs vs PP fee?
D18 

"We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion-year-old carbon and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden"

Joni Mitchell
Dan
It depends on the price of the guitar. Assuming PP takes 3.5%, it cost $35 per thousand. But if you can lower the UPS charges from $153 (your number above) to $65, the savings on the shipping more than makes up for the PP fees. Obviously there is a diminishing return the more expensive a guitar is. Finally I do believe there is an insurance limit when arranging shipping through PP. I cannot remember if it $1K or $2K.
vashondan and Pura Vida like this post

(06-16-2021, 08:17 AM)TomC Wrote: Dan
It depends on the price of the guitar. Assuming PP takes 3.5%, it cost $35 per thousand. But if you can lower the UPS charges from $153 (your number above) to $65, the savings on the shipping more than makes up for the PP fees. Obviously there is a diminishing return the more expensive a guitar is. Finally I do believe there is an insurance limit when arranging shipping through PP. I cannot remember if it $1K or $2K.

Gotcha, math not my forte!  Will be happy to reach a point where I'm happy with what I have.  This buying and selling gets old quick these days.  Prior to my switch to acoustic I went almost 3 years without buying or selling anything major like a guitar or amp.  Was nice just to focus on playing and learning.
D18 

Joni Mitchell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E15SS on reverb UncleJesse 1 733 08-11-2021, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida
  E15SS: $999 Sale At LA Guitar Sales Pura Vida 1 1,270 03-25-2018, 08:22 PM
Last Post: billymo