E10SS/v - New - Steal of the year! $899
I was thinking the same thing, Tom.  If the E10SS/v is any indication, he may be willing to sell it at a great price.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Is this available. The E10SS/V ?
Congrats Tom!  Let us know how the guitar turns out upon arrival... amazing deal!
Tim
It was a great guitar, but I never really got comfortable with the thinner neck and narrower nut. It has come and gone. AND ironically the guy I sold it to in LA also moved it on down the road about a month after receiving it. I wish Eastman would make a slope shoulder dread with a little beef to the neck and a 1.75" nut. But those are just my preferences. I am sure others like it just the way it is. I have been kind of heading down a Gibson road the last couple of months. I picked up one of the new 50's inspired J-50. As Borat is known to say - Very Nice!

[Image: 9nRkgDz.jpg]
[Image: zNFu0Yr.jpg]
Pura Vida likes this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
Tom - I admit I didn't check the date on the original post and thought this was recent!  Thanks for the update and I can appreciate having a hard time with the more narrow neck.  I've tried 11/16ths myself (vs 1 3/4) and just can't pull of the same fingerings that easily.  Nice Gibby you got there, and of course I love the added arm rest Smile  I do that to all my acoustics.
TomC likes this post
Thanks Tim. I like armrests as well. I got lucky on that one. It is Pearse slim line in rosewood. The grain is almost a spot on match to the rosewood bridge. The nut is a shade under 1.75". The string spacing is almost identical to the E40OM I have and the neck is a full C shape with a little girth to it. That and the tone is all Gibson. A tad expensive in comparison to an E10SS or SSv, but I like the feel and sound so I guess it's worth it to me.
Pura Vida and DukeS like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
I love everything about that Gibson J-50.  I'm at capacity on guitars (except maybe adding a SB electric), but if I ever got rid of my E10SS/v (I stumble with the narrow nut width, as well), this is exactly what I'd want.
TomC likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young