E10SS/V Tuner Replacement
Had a buzz on the G string Ping tuner on my E10SS/V last week.
Pulled it out & re-seated, buzz gone.
Playing today the buzz is back.
Just ordered a set of Schaller Grandtunes. 
Saw a guy that did a drop in replacement with the Grandtunes on his E10SS on the Eastman owners Facebook page. They look pretty solid.
Guess Eastman had to shave a nickel off the tuners with the cost of the French Polish.
My other two Eastman's have Gotohs that are silky smooth.
Roy, I think you will be very happy with the GTs.  I am waiting for a friend to come by, was kickn round with my E20OMtc just thinking how much I like the GTs.  The Gotoh 510s are excellent but they have been scarce in the US until recent times.

Once you get the tuner post centered with no binding in the GT bushings, you'll have made a huge upgrade to your E10SS.

I also replaced the old tuners on my 2001 SCGC VJ with GTs, goodly good. 
bert
Pura Vida likes this post
Roy
I put a set on my E40 and love them. I have another set coming for the E10. I agree with you on the fact that it would be nice if Eastman would step up the stock tuners just a touch. I replaced the ones on an E10 00ss/v because the B & G strings were very tight.
TomC
Where did you order you Grandtunes? Stew Mac maybe?
I got mine from Sport Hitech. They stock some and have to order others. 3-4 months delivery if they don't have them in stock.

http://www.sporthitech.com/search.php?se...ne&Search=
Bert likes this post
Thanks, Tom. Quite a variety of choices. I assume they all perform about the same?
Sport Hitech looks interesting... was not aware of their site, thanks.

StewMac bought Waverley years ago and don't much carry tuners that compete.  I got my GTs from Lutheries Merchantile (LMII.com).  You may be able to find a better selection/price elsewhere(?)
Yeah, ordered mine from Sport Hitech too thru Reverb on Saturday.
Received a tracking number email this morning.
TomC and Roy, just checked out Sport HiTech... great selection and better price than LMII.   Shy
(08-10-2019, 08:31 AM)Bert Wrote: Roy, I think you will be very happy with the GTs.  I am waiting for a friend to come by, was kickn round with my E20OMtc just thinking how much I like the GTs.  The Gotoh 510s are excellent but they have been scarce in the US until recent times.

Once you get the tuner post centered with no binding in the GT bushings, you'll have made a huge upgrade to your E10SS.

I also replaced the old tuners on my 2001 SCGC VJ with GTs, goodly good. 
bert

Hi Bert,

Can you elaborate on thee centering of the post & the bushing? 

What would need to be adjusted to align the post to the bushing? Perhaps the wood screw holes in the headstock?

Yes, I ordered a set for my E20-OM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Direct tuner replacement for E20D Sixstring61 8 639 03-14-2024, 10:15 PM
Last Post: REHII
  Tuner Replacement on E Series gruuv 7 3,521 12-15-2020, 11:02 AM
Last Post: gruuv