E10P
Who has an E10P model? What are your thoughts.
Cool
Just an old guy enjoying life.
------------------------------------
Eastman E1OM Classic
Fender GDO 300 AMB
Martin D-16e
Very Old Univox Acoustic

The Blues Garage
JBP
I've had a 10P for almost a year. It has a 1 13/16 nut, so string spacing and nut width are wider than other Eastman builds. You may already be comfortable with a wider nut & string width, if not it's not a game changer but will take a little to get comfortable using. It has the same C neck profile as other Eastmans but is quiet a bit thicker in neck depth which I personally prefer but that's just my preference.

Eastman spects only list neck profiles for estimated nut widths and even C neck profile but no mention on any builds on neck depth. Evidently they think neck depths are of no importance and it may not be to certain consumers but is very important to others. Neck depth is the reason why I much prefer the neck depth on my P vs my OM. The parlor is a very comfortable and preferred size for my likings and there I go with "MY" and MY means nothing to no one but me.

I've yet to have a setup on my P done and I know every guitar of same build is different tonally and playability wise. I will be getting a setup soon as there are several playability issues I need fixed for my likes. In my case and according to what genre of music I'm playing the ease in playability decreases past the 5th fret. I play several different genres on my P from traditional, folk, grassy, blues both finger style and with pick.

As for tone this subject should be forbidden lol for an individuals taste in tone is so subjective, when I read another's thoughts on tone I take it with less than a grain of salt and the bad thing is some people totally believe another's perception and make a purchase and then have a total opposite opinion.

Wow to one, Likely, Pow to other
pannick and AlanSam like this post
Charlie - your 'As for tone this subject should be forbidden lol for an individuals taste in tone is so subjective'. Yes, but certainly within body shape (dread, om parlor etc, there is such a thing as a make's characteristic sound. There really is a recognisable Martin sound and an Eastman sound and a Taylor sound. And as for not talking about our impressions of guitars - well isn't this the heart of a guitar forum? Reaching out and making connections.
I enjoy hearing people's views on guitars, especially when they speak with conviction. Then 'And when I read another's thoughts on tone I take it with less than a grain of salt ' - well scepticism is fine and often wise. And finally 'the bad thing is some people totally believe another's perception and make a purchase and then have a total opposite opinion.' - well, I am sure this does happen, but I would suggest that disappointment in guitar purchases is the least of their problems. Charlie, I really  enjoy nattering about all things guitar - speaking as one contrarian to another ha ha! 
ps has your mandolin arrived yet?!
Guzzi Fan likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
well you know me, not shy about saying what I think, like it or not lol...

mandolin should be delivered tomorrow and builder is letting me try it out first before purchase, if not what I'm wanting then I'll just return it
AlanSam likes this post
I have a 20P and though the guitar will sound different to the 10P, as the back and sides are in my case rosewood, it is worth highlighting that the volume is pleasantly loud with really good bass. It will not sound boxy at all. If you close your eyes you could be fooled that you were listening to a much bigger guitar. So. Not tinny, not quiet, and definitely balanced. I also have an OM and the OOSS which is probably my favourite, but not because of the sound. They all sound great. I have smallish hands and I really like the small scale on the latter. It is still 'smallish scale' on the 20P, but the main difference is indeed the form. The neck is wide which I do not mind as I play classical too, but...my only slight reservation with the parlour is the thick neck. By scaling up the shape to this wide neck and keeping to that C profile, it really is quite chunky and unlike my other two guitars.
pannick likes this post
Archizing - I have an E20p too and I share your views on it - fine guitar! Unfortunately, never played an E10p pannick.
pannick likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
I too do not own the E10P and have played a couple over the years but I do have a E10 00 which I feel is a little more balanced and a little more bottom end, but again that's just my ears. Overall the guitars pretty much the the same but with the 00 which has an added 5/8" to the lower bout than the parlor and a very substantial neck which I find very comfortable. Also the red spruce/mahogany combo is perfect for these small bodied models that gives them a loud, dry articulated tone which I find more pleasing than the adi/rosewood combo.
2015 E20 OM SB Eastman
2021 000-15 SM Martin
2016 00-18 Martin
2015 E10 00 Eastman