E10OOSS/v availability?
I had an E10SS/v and in a fit of stupidity I sold it.  Lately though I've had the urge to get an E10OOSS/v... but they seem to be impossible to find new or in like new shape.  I've been calling around but no luck.  It seems be a model that doesn't get released often?  If anyone happens to have or know of one for sale, let me know!  The other catch is that I'd like to have the least amount of relic'ing I can find.  I am also strongly considering one of the E22OOSS/v models... I think rosewood tone would be too complex for the blues fingersytle I want to play, but walnut could be cool.  And these appear to be a limited release, although Eastman has as many limited releases as standard hahaha... actually one of the things I love about Eastman.

Thanks if you've indulged my rambling to this point!
AlanSam and sleigh like this post
Eastman:
Soon... I don't know what I was thinking

Non-Eastman:
2005 Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
Martin 000 Jr.
I'm not sure, but I think Eastman doesn't like to ship the /v series this time of year.  The heat in transit can be enough to give the guitar case rash.  There may be more popping up in six weeks or so.  If I see one I'll post it here though.
cj59 and DonJmmn like this post
Thanks Vapour!  That makes a lot of sense about the finish, I hadn't thought of that.
Eastman:
Soon... I don't know what I was thinking

Non-Eastman:
2005 Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
Martin 000 Jr.
(08-09-2023, 10:51 AM)NoiseFloor Wrote: Thanks Vapour!  That makes a lot of sense about the finish, I hadn't thought of that.

You were right though, wow, lots of e20, and some e22, and e1.  No e10's though.

I haven't played an e22, but played the e10 and e20 models at Corner Music in Nashville last spring.  I preferred the e20, but that's just my ear.  I didn't see the e10 on their website, but you could always call and check if it sold--that was the last time I've seen one in person.
(08-09-2023, 10:56 AM)Vapour Wrote:
(08-09-2023, 10:51 AM)NoiseFloor Wrote: Thanks Vapour!  That makes a lot of sense about the finish, I hadn't thought of that.

You were right though, wow, lots of e20, and some e22, and e1.  No e10's though.

I haven't played an e22, but played the e10 and e20 models at Corner Music in Nashville last spring.  I preferred the e20, but that's just my ear.  I didn't see the e10 on their website, but you could always call and check if it sold--that was the last time I've seen one in person.

@Vapour I believe I may have bought the E10ooss/v you mention above. I bought it online from Corner Music in late April. Did it have a darker red finish? If so, that is likely mine. Thanks for not buying it. Smile
Andy - welcome to the EGF forum! I am also a proud owner of an E10ooss/v so I think you know how exceptional this mighty atom is. But can I ask what your own view is? And now you've found us do hang around and join in the fun!
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
(09-16-2023, 06:30 AM)AlanSam Wrote: Andy - welcome to the EGF forum! I am also a proud owner of an E10ooss/v so I think you know how exceptional this mighty atom is. But can I ask what your own view is? And now you've found us do hang around and join in the fun!

Hey, Alan.  Thanks for the welcome!

I'll keep it brief as possible, as not to derail this thread . . . 

I came to the E10ooss/v after about 3yrs of research and demo'ing several Eastmans out of curiosity, ABing several models against comparable Gibson, Martin, and Guild acoustics.  I was very impressed with the sound, playability, and consistency (from a QA perspective) of the Eastmans.  

Over the years I have owned dreadnoughts . . . A Martin D41, a Gibson J45, and a Gibson J35, so I know what a quality guitar should play and sound like.  In recent years, I have been wanting a OO sized guitar, so I have also been playing and researching these from other makers as well.  

Long story short:  I was, frankly, put off by how expensive the major brands were/are, coupled with how inconsistent they were/are from guitar to guitar, so I was looking for more practical alternatives.  From my research (reading reviews and listening to Youtube videos) and demo'ing experience, I was leaning towards the E10ooss/v.  . . . from what I read and heard, I decided to take a flyer on the E10oo ( if I didn't like it, I could trade it off for probably a used Gibson LOO Standard).

I love this guitar to pieces.  It sounds great live, sounds great recorded, and plays great for me. I can't imagine, from my experience, coming across another OO guitar that would play and sound that much better . . . $1000, $2000, $3000 better? Not Likely. I won't say Eastmans are better than the big brands, but I do find that they are comparable. A good guitar is a good guitar.  Smile
Vapour and AlanSam like this post
Andy - yep, you nailed it! Also, for a while now I've been switching between my Martin 00028, Martin parlor and E10ooss/v developing my high neck barres. I don't think I've previously thought about it but for me Eastman's 12" fretboard radius (vs 16" for Martin) is a definite plus for my barring finger.
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
(09-16-2023, 06:13 AM)AndyJ Wrote:

@Vapour I believe I may have bought the E10ooss/v you mention above. I bought it online from Corner Music in late April. Did it have a darker red finish? If so, that is likely mine. Thanks for not buying it. Smile  

Yes!  My wife has a picture of me playing it somewhere.  It's a great guitar and I went back and forth between the two for a while.  I actually came to Corner that day after playing your guitar on an earlier trip planning on buying it.
ETA:  I bought their e20ooss/v that day instead and it's been my #1 since March!
(09-16-2023, 03:48 PM)Vapour Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 06:13 AM)AndyJ Wrote:

Yes!  My wife has a picture of me playing it somewhere.  It's a great guitar and I went back and forth between the two for a while.  I actually came to Corner that day after playing your guitar on an earlier trip planning on buying it.
ETA:  I bought their e20ooss/v that day instead and it's been my #1 since March!

The E20 is a cool guitar! Looks like we both got our #1's. Smile
AlanSam likes this post