E10-OOSS vs E1-OOSS?
Question 
I’m looking for a small body 14 fret guitar in the same vein as a Gibson L-00 or Martin CEO-7. I like the idea of the Adi top of the E10, especially if it helps with clarity and low end. However, I also want to be able to play quietly in the evening and worry the E10 may be too much of a cannon. Gloss vs open pore finish is not a concern for me, nor is lack of a hard case (I actually prefer gig bags).

Has anyone played or heard these two side by side? Anyone had issues with the narrow nut width of the 00SS models? Also, anyone played the E10 parlor next to the 00?
sleigh likes this post
Don't discount the E10ooss/v with its violin varnish finish - mine is superb and no Eastman has more mojo. I wouldn't worry too much about the Adi tops being too loud - they can be played softly to good effect. 
And by the way, welcome to the EGF chillscience!
sleigh, DonJmmn, Chillscience like this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
I love my Adi (red spruce) tops; they're more versatile that Sitka tops. You can play them softly if that's required, or drive them hard when needed.
AlanSam likes this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
(08-22-2023, 03:04 PM)AlanSam Wrote: Don't discount the E10ooss/v with its violin varnish finish - mine is superb and no Eastman has more mojo. I wouldn't worry too much about the Adi tops being too loud - they can be played softly to good effect. 

A slight augmentation to my earlier comment - the E10 00SSv is an amazing small bodied guitar if you don't mind the 1 11/16" nut and slightly more slender neck. I owned one for about 6 months and it was truly an exceptional instrument. I just didn't get along with the nut and neck. 

As far as no Eastman having more mojo than the E10 00SSv, I beg to differ sir. The E20SSv is the mojoist Eastman of all. It's an old soul in a new body.
AlanSam likes this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
(08-22-2023, 03:04 PM)AlanSam Wrote: Don't discount the E10ooss/v with its violin varnish finish - mine is superb and no Eastman has more mojo. I wouldn't worry too much about the Adi tops being too loud - they can be played softly to good effect. 

A local dealer has a E20OOSS/V in stock. I was thinking mahogany vs rosewood, but might check it out anyway.

(08-22-2023, 06:16 PM)sleigh Wrote: I love my Adi (red spruce) tops; they're more versatile that Sitka tops. You can play them softly if that's required, or drive them hard when needed.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear :-)
sleigh likes this post
I bought a E1OOSS SB fairly recently and love it, but if the E20OOSS/v that I tried before buying it had been in my budget I'd have bought it in an instant, exceptional guitar.
2023 Eastman E1 OOSS-SB
2022 McNally OM32
2022 Furch Blue OM-CM
???? Cordoba Fusion 12 Natural
(08-22-2023, 09:59 PM)Chillscience Wrote:

A local dealer has a E20OOSS/V in stock. I was thinking mahogany vs rosewood, but might check it out anyway.

(08-22-2023, 06:16 PM)sleigh Wrote: I love my Adi (red spruce) tops; they're more versatile that Sitka tops. You can play them softly if that's required, or drive them hard when needed.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear :-) 

You definitely need to play the E20ooss/v locally.  Some of them (mine included) have a wider than 1 3/4" nut.
(08-23-2023, 02:56 AM)Shadow Wrote: I bought a E1OOSS SB fairly recently and love it, but if the E20OOSS/v that I tried before buying it had been in my budget I'd have bought it in an instant, exceptional guitar.

What did you like better about it?
(08-23-2023, 12:31 PM)Chillscience Wrote:
(08-23-2023, 02:56 AM)Shadow Wrote: I bought a E1OOSS SB fairly recently and love it, but if the E20OOSS/v that I tried before buying it had been in my budget I'd have bought it in an instant, exceptional guitar.

What did you like better about it?

It had a slightly chunkier neck which I preferred but it was the tone. I can't remember exactly as it was a few months ago, but it had a lovely ringing quality to it. Maybe it was the rosewood, though it's not surprising it sounds better as it costs nearly three times as much as my E1. The E1 is a great guitar though, I'm very happy with it.
2023 Eastman E1 OOSS-SB
2022 McNally OM32
2022 Furch Blue OM-CM
???? Cordoba Fusion 12 Natural

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NGD Eastman E1 OOSS SB Shadow 10 4,052 05-29-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: Shadow
  Help me choose E8OM-TC or E20 OOSS houston57 20 3,510 10-18-2022, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida
  OM vs OOSS statman 8 2,423 11-02-2021, 07:58 PM
Last Post: statman