Differences between 2019 and 2018 ar372ce
Hello all,

I'm thinking of buying an AR372CE.I'm curious if the 2019 models have any substantive changes than older models. By this I mean electronics hardware, pots, wiring, wood etc. I see that there is more variety in the finish department but wondering about other stuff.

Thanks for reading and thanks ahead of time if you know the answers...
perhapss, wish I could help.  Seems not many mentions for that model here on the EGF.  The Eastman website, or call Eastman is probably your best resource.  bert
(03-31-2019, 07:37 AM)Bert Wrote: perhapss, wish I could help.  Seems not many mentions for that model here on the EGF.  The Eastman website, or call Eastman is probably your best resource.  bert

Thanks for the prompt reply. I appreciate your response!
I searched YouTube to see if this model was covered in the recent NAMM videos.  Didn't see anything.

If you do find any info, please post.  It wouldn't surprise me if this question comes up again.  I for one, would be interested to know.

Good luck in your search!
(03-31-2019, 09:40 PM)Wildfield Wrote: I searched YouTube to see if this model was covered in the recent NAMM videos.  Didn't see anything.

If you do find any info, please post.  It wouldn't surprise me if this question comes up again.  I for one, would be interested to know.

Good luck in your search!

So I went ahead and purchased a great new AR372Ce from Bernunzio`s music via Reverb. It is quite similar to a 2016 model I had. There is one interesting difference, the fingerboard on the new guitar has an uncanny resemblance to ebony. This would be contrary to Eastman's specs on this guitar and all information I've seen online.

My original reason to start this thread was because of the darker color in SOME of the photos online of 2019 372s.
Congratulations!  Enjoy your new guitar!
Best wishes on the new Eastman.  John Bernunzio is a good guy, been a while since I bought a couple Eastmans from him, but good things to say.
bert
Congratulations, perhapss!  There's a good chance that your board is Ebony.  Eastman switched up several boards last year, due to the CITES issues with Rosewood, but didn't necessarily update their website details.  For example, my E10SS/v was originally made with a Rosewood board, but mine came with Ebony, which I preferred.  Looking forward to reading more about yours, once it arrives.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(04-07-2019, 07:48 AM)Pura Vida Wrote: Congratulations, perhapss!  There's a good chance that your board is Ebony.  Eastman switched up several boards last year, due to the CITES issues with Rosewood, but didn't necessarily update their website details.  For example, my E10SS/v was originally made with a Rosewood board, but mine came with Ebony, which I preferred.  Looking forward to reading more about yours, once it arrives.

It has arrived, very quickly too! It`s quite nice indeed.The fret board definitely seems to be ebony which is fine by me. It seems to respond quicker and with a different acoustic tone than an older 372 I had. That said, I once lost a blind test with ebony and rosewood fingerboards so I maybe it's my imagination.

It's a lovely guitar though. Electronically, the electronics seem similar if not the same to the last one.

When I get a chance I'll take some pics and post...
AlanSam, Pura Vida, aant like this post
Congratulations, play it in good health.
I too own a 372, it’s indeed a lovely guitar. As it’s around 5 years old, mine has the rosewood fretboard. I wouldn’t mind it to be made of ebony, both are equally cool.
I love the acoustic quality of the 372, it’s really a great Eastman. Well done perhapss.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pick guard for my AR372CE Rober372ce 0 384 02-17-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Rober372ce