Closest Eastman to a J-45
Which is the highest quality Eastman in a J45 style
AlanSam likes this post
E10SS. Welcome!
Winfielder, hardycreek1, AlanSam like this post
Starting with just Mahogany:
E6SS-TC - torrefied sitka/mahogany (maybe more J35ish)
E10SS - adirondack/mahogany - new ones are also available with a torrefied tops $200 adder
E10SSv - adirondack/mahogany with vintage varnish finish (limited availability)

They also make them with sapele (E1), maple (E16), rosewood (E20) and walnut (E22) back and sides. All of the SS models are short scale (24.75") with 1 11/16" nuts as spec'd. As built, that may be a different story. They range  from about $600 to $1900 street price. Check under each category and scroll down to any of the "SS" models. https://www.eastmanguitars.com/acoustic_dreadnought

My personal opinion on the quality is that they are all good for their price point. Plus they are all completely made from solid materials - no laminates. The E1SS-SB for $600 is a great buy, especially now that the tops are probably torrefied adirondack. You can probably pick-up an E10SS for around $1500 which is about half the price of a J45 Standard. That said, they do have a different tone than the Gibson. I own the rosewood varnish version - E20SSv. I did contact every dealer I could do find one with a wider nut (1.75") and slightly beefier neck. I find it to be of very high quality, amazing oldish tone, comfortable neck. I am not a big fan of nickel strings but on this guitar they really sound amazing and it works for me. The varnish finish has some play wear from the factory but it does give it a more open tone. I wish there hadn't been as much finish aging, but it is what it is.

Bottom line - what's your budget? There is a high quality Eastman slope shoulder dread to fit it.
Meathead, Winfielder, sleigh, AlanSam, SasquatchLife like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
TomC, Thank you for the informative response! You have given me a lot to think about.
Winfielder likes this post
Excellent information Tom - thank you!

Pine - welcome aboard!
I think Tom is moonlighting at Eastman's marketing department LOL. Great post!
Meathead, TomC, Winfielder like this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
E10-SS all the way with Martin Monel Retros.

Adi top booms out the sound all day long!
2021 Eastman E10SS (Mahogany/Adirondack spruce)
2023 Eastman AC522CE-GB (Mahogany/European Spruce) 
(01-11-2024, 04:40 PM)Pine Wrote: Which is the highest quality Eastman in a J45 style

*SOLD*
The E10ss…I have this one listed here for sale. 

[Image: qxwi638.jpg]
Winfielder likes this post
2023 Martin D-41 
2023 Martin Custom Shop HD-28 GE
2023 Martin D-18 Authentic 1937 VTS
2021 Martin D-35
2023 Gibson J45

(01-12-2024, 02:28 PM)DonO Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 04:40 PM)Pine Wrote: Which is the highest quality Eastman in a J45 style

The E10ss…I have this one listed here for sale. 

[Image: qxwi638.jpg] 

$1100 with Gotoh tuners, K&K, upgraded case and shipping with no tax. That I would consider a deal. Good luck with the sale.
DonO and Winfielder like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
Hi All,

Anyone know the string spacing, E to e (mid-string) at the nut for the E10SS or E20SS?

thanks, 
n

(forgot my pw and had tech problems resetting it.  back now after hiatus.  : )