Bridge slotting
I made that tool myself, I've made it from some kind of saw , probably steel saw, then i cut it so it can fit in pin slot.
Zissou Intern likes this post
I slot everything.  It's not really about the sound.  It's about increasing bridge plate longevity and making string changes easier.  I really dislike changing strings on a guitar with slotted pins.  You always have to make sure the ball end is pulled into place and often the pins sit too proud.  With a properly made slot the string slides right into place on the first try.  

I bet I've slotted over a dozen Eastman guitars.  I have a small ziplock around here somewhere that is full of Eastman stock pins Smile  I just did my Gibson J45 this week.  It's much easier than you might think with the right tools.
zoidberg and TomC like this post
Thank you UJ. I was wondering when you were going to drop a comment. It was because of your video that I decided to try my hand at slotting a bridge. Like you wrote - it is much easier that you might think.  I intended to do my E20SSv but the wound E is very close to the bridge, so I just left it as is.

In case anyone is interested, here is Jesse's video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SmPbgqO89s
UncleJesse likes this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
(07-27-2023, 06:07 PM)TomC Wrote:  
(07-27-2023, 06:07 PM)TomC Wrote: Thank you UJ. I was wondering when you were going to drop a comment. It was because of your video that I decided to try my hand at slotting a bridge. Like you wrote - it is much easier that you might think.  I intended to do my E20SSv but the wound E is very close to the bridge, so I just left it as is.

In case anyone is interested, here is Jesse's video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SmPbgqO89s

I am about the least mechanically inclined person you know and if I can do it, anyone can! Smile
AlanSam and TomC like this post