Bridge slotting
Very interesting video.  Has anyone performed this mod on any of their acoustics?

Interesting, though I'm not hearing a huge difference in the sound before and after, which makes me wonder if this modification's worth the effort involved. I too would be curious to hear from someone here who has done this mod.
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Totally agree with Steve - the sound doesn't seem very different. Also, a test where the tester strumming the guitar doesn't know which guitar (modified/unmodified) they are playing would seem preferable. Finally, if you go to the trouble of producing this vid, is it beyond the ken of man to buy, steal or borrow a camera appropriate for displaying the ball-end of the string anchored against the bottom edge of the bridge? Good sales spiel though.
sleigh likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
I do hear a tiny bit of a difference but not enough to justify that, I feel. Plus, you don't A/B them at home, so...

I do think it'd be a more useful video if he just played a song and would go in between slotted and unslotted.
sleigh likes this post
I have done 3-4. My E40OM sounded a little fuller with better sustain. I think it is more a case of protecting the bridge plate over a longer period of time. My John Walker Wise River and Bourgeois came with slotted bridges and unslotted pins.
Meathead, sleigh, zoidberg like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
All three of mine are slotted bridges with slotless pins. Two of them came that way, and I slotted the third one myself. I have slotted probably 10-12 guitars. As Tom, said it is more for longterm bridge plate health than tone, but I think they sound better slotted... probably more of a self fulfilling delusion than reality. Smile
Meathead, sleigh, TomC like this post
'00 Martin HD28LSV ~ '04 Martin D18GE ~ '22 Burkett J45
I have done this mod along with ramping the bridge to a guitars with low saddle. It worked very well.
sleigh and TomC like this post
Great feedback... thanks all.  For those who have performed the mod - what saw/blade did you use?

Something like this?  
https://www.amazon.com/StewMac-Acoustic-...B075RDR7PH
Tim
I have an Exacto kit that has a couple of small saws in it. The blades are a little thin, so I double up the blades for the wound strings. I have a file I use for ramping and finishing the width on the E and A strings.

Otherwise you can use the files (like above) or the saws here - https://www.stewmac.com/luthier-tools-an...ws--files/

Also StewMac was offering a free one year membership which includes shipping. I am not sure if they are still doing it.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
I have one of the small Stew Mac slotting saws from 10-12 years ago. They only made one back then, and it's pretty narrow. I use a set of inexpensive needle files, like you'd find at Michael's or Harbor Freight, to widen and finish off the slots.
'00 Martin HD28LSV ~ '04 Martin D18GE ~ '22 Burkett J45