Acoustic Prices
I haven't been following acoustic prices but slightly in the past 6-7 years. Within the last couple years I've seen some ridiculous prices for certain acoustic brands.

I bought a new E10 OM in 2017 and paid about 1K or a little less brand new, now they list for almost $1700 not far from doubling in list price. I just looked around Eastmans acoustic site at all models and body sizes. Once you get past the few entry level builds you get into the $1700 up to 3K to almost 4K range in prices. I've been priced out of buying bout any name brand acoustic.

Just looked through Martin site listings and many of their standard builds are in the 2-4K range with a lot of Eastman builds now being listed for close to same prices. Altho I did see a new Martin D45 listed on Martins site for 52K. Other than pride of ownership don't think my ears are good enough to be able to hear 48K improvement in tone over a 4K Martin. But darnit I just missed out on this...
[Image: 10764618_5977225bede00c5bbb0f7f0f92b5781c_t.png]
You should have tried using your new hog topped mandy for a part exchange!
sleigh likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
dang I didn't think bout that, oh well, win some loose some. Mandolin came in and I played it for 6-7 hours and returned it the next day. I really do like plucking around on a mandolin but finally came to realize that I don't have time to be much more than a less than mediocre mandolin player...TRUE!

Think the Martin was listed for sale around July 1st then went to "pending sale" bout 2 weeks later and then "sold" within 2 weeks after that. Understandable as it takes a few weeks to get ducks in a row, I mean 275K in a row
AlanSam likes this post
Prices are why I often look to buy used instruments... In fact, all of the 6-string acoustics listed on my signature line were purchased used.
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Guess the old adage (as good or better than guitars twice or three times the price) is changing....does that now mean 4-6-8K range

I look hoping to see a build of interest but see nothing, everything going in the opposite direction for my likes...acoustics with skinny electric-like necks, narrow nuts, electronics, say it ain't so lol...all brands...just don't fit in with todays "what's popular" buyers. I must be getting old, wait I am old!
But I'm old too (72), and I like much of Eastman's builds today (if not the prices).
AlanSam likes this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Steve - still liking your AC522? 

Mine is amazing the
way it keeps getting better the more I play it. Hard to put down most the time. And beautiful to the eye as well.
AlanSam likes this post
2021 Eastman E10SS (Mahogany/Adirondack spruce)
2023 Eastman AC522CE-GB (Mahogany/European Spruce) 
(08-12-2023, 05:51 PM)hardycreek1 Wrote: Steve - still liking your AC522? 

Mine is amazing the
way it keeps getting better the more I play it. Hard to put down most the time. And beautiful to the eye as well.

Yep, still loving it and playing it regularly!
AlanSam likes this post
Best, Steve

(08-12-2023, 07:20 PM)sleigh Wrote:
(08-12-2023, 05:51 PM)hardycreek1 Wrote: Steve - still liking your AC522? 

Mine is amazing the

Yep, still loving it and playing it regularly!
Me too! It's got the full beauty of the Grand Auditorium without the Taylor twang. Eastman builds world class hand-made instruments that are second to none.  
2021 Eastman E10SS (Mahogany/Adirondack spruce)
2023 Eastman AC522CE-GB (Mahogany/European Spruce)