AR880 - the final chapter (?!?)
Well, the latest and likely last (for awhile) salvo in archtop wars. I really like the AR380 - I think the neck feels a bit different and the body depth is about perfect. It doesn't sound highly "acoustic" though, which is what I'd expect for a full laminate construction. So the next step was to go the full monty, and enter the AR880CE.

Short story - does exactly what I want. It sounds like an "amplified acoustic guitar" when I'm into a full range-type setup, sounds like a woody jazz box when into a guitar amp setup. I had to do a bit of tweaking when it got it but to be expected - new strings, tuned a half step flat, small truss rod and bridge tweak. Plays great and not clear I really need an acoustic guitar hanging around at the moment. The AR380 is a different beast, and my AR580 has flats so that is another vibe. May be the lasting combination (ha!)

Pics or it didn't happen

[Image: 880-1.jpeg]

[Image: 880-6.jpeg]

[Image: 880-9.jpeg]
ooglybong likes this post
Eastman AR880CE | AR580CE | E10OM-TC | Comins GCS-1 Bigsby | Fender Ultra Strat | Beard Radio R Standard Hipshot 
Fodera and Nordstrand fretted - Rob Allen and Nordstrand fretless basses

www.nostatic.com 
” sometimes science is more art than science…”   -Rick Sanchez
That wood!
Lukew likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
What a great looking guitar.  I have the AR580 HB with flats as well and I love it.
Lovely guitar and glad it's working so well for you!
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter