AC320 Burst NEW
No affiliation...Nice looker, good price
https://reverb.com/item/34591430-eastman...8-sunburst

Eastman AC422CE
CAUTION: I'm Singing A Christian Song (AC422)[/font][/size]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfM4wJZUYoE

(12-04-2020, 10:34 AM)billymo Wrote: No affiliation...Nice looker, good price
https://reverb.com/item/34591430-eastman...8-sunburst

Probably not the place for this, and I'm sure there's already a thread about it, but how do the AC necks compare to the E?
Something weird about that guitar. Did Eastman make an AC model without a cutout in 2018? I thought all of their non cutouts became the E series either D or OM. Plus this is a sitka/sapele which is the equivalent of a E1 which is around $500.
2020 Eastman E10SS/V; 2020 Eastman E2D; 2020 Yamaha FS830; 2021 Farida OT-22W; 2022 Alvarez MD60BG; 2022 AC630 SB; 2023 Eastman AC622CE
The "date" is based on COA date, but not necessarily when the guitar was made.  This is likely a discontinued model that was actually made prior to 2018, but only passed through Eastman's shop in Pomona then.  I've seen a few older AC models trickle into the market with surprisingly recent COA dates, so maybe it's Eastman just moving some older inventory.
Shishigashira, Pluteus, eastmanschool like this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
I think Pura Vida is right about this. The AC320 is an older model, so Eastman is probably just clearing out older stock. Just a reminder to everyone that we have catalogs from previous years available in the "Eastman Guitar Resources" section. I just looked through a few and found that the AC320 was depicted in every earlier catalog up until 2017 (only $695 in 2008!). It looks like they offered an AC320 and AC320CE, which were the non-cutaway and cutaway dreadnought versions, as well as AC322 and AC322CE, which were grand auditorium versions, all with sitka spruce top and mahogany back/sides. They don't all mention sunburst, however, but we all know that Eastman produces limited runs of things from time to time.
Pura Vida and AlanSam like this post
Plauteus - yes, a timely reminder that we have a number of catalogues available!
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
(12-04-2020, 02:10 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: The "date" is based on COA date, but not necessarily when the guitar was made.  This is likely a discontinued model that was actually made prior to 2018, but only passed through Eastman's shop in Pomona then.  I've seen a few older AC models trickle into the market with surprisingly recent COA dates, so maybe it's Eastman just moving some older inventory.

...along with lots of guitars I suspect are returns/B-stock guitars out there. It's not stretching it to say that Eastman has reached a new level of respect, so maybe it's not the wisest practice to flood the market with B material.
Pura Vida likes this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rare E10D Burst $675 craigslist billymo 0 1,074 03-23-2018, 11:48 AM
Last Post: billymo
  Rare Burst AC420 billymo 0 974 03-16-2018, 08:50 PM
Last Post: billymo