A question of Quality between models...
Thanks, L-Man.  Just one clarification: the AC722 is now Euro Spruce (like the AC522 and AC622), while the AC822 and AC922 are still Engelmann.  I love the Euro Spruce on my AC622CE and glad they switched from Engelmann, when they redesigned those middle AC models (AC522/622/722).  And I'm with you on Engelmann, although I think it's good for fingerstyle and works surprisingly well on my AC630-BD.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Its really not so cut and dry IMO. You can take 5 of the same model with the same woods (from any manufacturer) and they will not all sound the same, there will be duds and standouts.  Each piece of wood posses a different quality due to its organic structure. Combine that with construction techniques/glue/fit and finish and you get a one of a kind sound and playability from every single instrument within the same model (not to mention others). 

If at all possible its highly recommended that you can play one before hand. Some will speak to you and others wont.
Pura Vida, Aahzz, SasquatchLife like this post
"So many guitars.....so little time" 

2010 Eastman E8D
2011 Eastman MD315
2018 Cordoba C12 Luthier Series
2023 Gretsch Jim Dandy (Gin Rickey)
2007 PRS Custom SE
2007 Fender MIM (Pre-Player) Strat 
2013 Gibson Studio Goldtop
2014 Epiphone Joe Bonamasa Sig LP
Marshall DSL C 40 
Marshall JMD 50

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsJagXI...jWqhuN7XeA   https://audiomack.com/victor-vector-1   https://soundcloud.com/shortymack    
That's very true.  It's great to play before buying, if possible.  But that's not always possible, since they are smaller than Martin, Taylor, Gibson, etc.  But when we speak, it's usually in generalities or from personal experience, but should note that YMMV.
Victor Vector likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(01-29-2023, 02:36 AM)Longgonelonesome Wrote: Hello again!

Are the only differences between the different models (such as e20d, e8d-tc etc.) the woods and aesthetics? And on the back of this question, is the build process and overall quality is consistent across the board no matter what model?

I ask this in terms of looking at the E10D vs say that of the E8D - is the only difference the woods that are used, with everything else including time being made and spent on making it a quality instrument the same? I suppose this is about whether or not spending more on the next Eastman up gets you a better quality instrument than the last, or it just pays for the "better" (more expensive according to the market) cuts of wood.

Cheers.

All I can say is that regardless of which one you end up buying, you'll be happy with it. I've purchased 3 Eastman's and they've all been at least really good to excellent. My first was the E6OM, then E8D, and now my favorite the E8OM-TC. I think they're fantastic guitars regardless of price. But if you factor in how affordable they are, it's truly astounding.
Aahzz, Pura Vida, Victor Vector like this post
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
Here are my observations on the question of quality with ascending price.

I have 3 Eastman guitars: PCH1-D, AC222CE and AC422CE.

On the AC422CE, the most expensive of the 3, I have not observed any flaws or defects.

On the AC222CE, which is about half the price of the AC422CE, the sides have some graying of the wood.  Initially I didn't know what this was and sent an inquiry to Eastman/Pomona.  They said it was natural graying of the wood and is not considered a flaw AT THIS PRICE POINT.  This implies they have different acceptance standards for more expensive guitars.

On the PCH1-D. a very inexpensive guitar with laminate back/sides, the finishing dye on the back of the neck leaked up onto the side of the ovankal fret board.  It is just a small amount and not noticeable to the casual observer, but it is there.  Nothing like that on the more expensive guitars.

All three of these guitars have solid sitka spruce tops.  While it is anecdotal, my assessment of these three is that the appearance is better as the price of the guitar increases.  Not saying any are defective, just more aesthetically pleasing.  This makes me suspect that Eastman grades the wood for these tops.

I am very happy with each of these 3 guitars, but there is evidence that Eastman has higher workmanship and material standards for the more expensive guitars.

CJ
Pura Vida likes this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eastman guitar quality. REHII 1 981 02-26-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: jay9318
  E2 Models Question Charlieb 7 1,146 02-21-2023, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Guzzi Fan
  Quality Flaws on new E8D rosscostrummer 13 2,934 02-19-2022, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Al30906