810ce set up
I have been working on dialing in my new 2006 810ce archtop.....finding it really tricky to get things just right. I have a couple of D’Angelico archtops that are much easier to play, but acoustically, the Eastman is so much better. Any advice as to what to look for when setting up the 810 ? I love the look and feel of the neck and body ( dark violin type finish ), but dialing her in seems to be pretty tricky.
My first (and only) bit of advice is to go S-L-O-W-L-Y with the truss rod adjustment allowing the neck to settle in its new spot a day or so making sure it stays in tune before making more tweaks.

Going half turns or more and adjusting often will set you up for a see saw adjustment.

My 486 has VERY little neck relief, and doesn't need more, while my 165MX has a more typical wider relief found in most other gits.
Regards,

Gary
(11-28-2017, 09:18 PM)gnappi Wrote: My first (and only) bit of advice is to go S-L-O-W-L-Y with the truss rod adjustment allowing the neck to settle in its new spot a day or so making sure it stays in tune before making more tweaks.  

Going half turns or more and adjusting often will set you up for a see saw adjustment.  

My 486 has VERY little neck relief, and doesn't need more, while my 165MX has a more typical wider relief found in most other gits.

Thanks..

I agree with the very slow and carefull neck adjustment. Bought a set of tools to measure radius and relief, but I think my problem may rest with a floating pickup which seems higher on the bass side.....when I lower the bridge action I get the low E buzz on the pickup. Have to research this a bit.
Try to tighten truss rod, then you can set bridge higher and maintain low action.
(11-29-2017, 01:46 AM)Jure Wrote: Try to tighten truss rod, then you can set bridge higher and maintain low action.

Nice advice. I very carefully set the neck with a bit more relief and was able to set the action just right. [Image: RUmFj8Pl.jpg]
Very glad to hear you have found the adjustment. We had an AR810ce several years ago, wound up trading it for a used AR880ce Pisano. AR810 is a sweet guitar, my son and I played it a bunch. best wishes, bert

I recorded this in 2012:

https://soundcloud.com/bertramd-1/ar810-bluejazz-120117
candidsounds likes this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New here - Eastman 810ce ACWATERCOLORS 9 1,840 04-13-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: ACWATERCOLORS
  My 810ce and a New Armstrong Hand-Wound chwillie 5 1,592 05-03-2022, 10:57 AM
Last Post: chwillie
  Stock Pup on my 2005 Uptown 810ce chwillie 4 1,220 01-24-2022, 01:03 PM
Last Post: chwillie