Eastman E1P LTD CLA is here.
I’m curious, how does the E1P (Sapella B&S) differ from E10P(Hog B&S) and E20P? (Rose Wood B&S)  Do they not share the same specs except for the back and side wood? 

Tom
E1P is satin finished instead of gloss (less time to finish so cheaper.)
E1P is listed with a 1-11/16" nut and a "Contour Comfort" neck profile (never seen that before at Eastman) on their website, while E10P and E20P are listed with 1-11/13", and "Traditional C" (which doesn't mean anything, since they use that description for the thin profile of the slope shoulders, the medium profile of the Ds an OMs, and for the chunkier profiles of these parlors, without differentiation).

Of course, spec's on the Eastman website are always "suggestions" rather than facts, that's why I'm wondering what people who have already touched this model IRL have to say...
Eastman E1D, Iris OG, Guild GAD30, The Loar LH300, Harmony H167
(02-26-2024, 10:06 AM)RomanS Wrote: E1P is listed with a 1-11/16" nut and a "Contour Comfort" neck profile (never seen that before at Eastman) on their website, while E10P and E20P are listed with 1-11/13", and "Traditional C" (which doesn't mean anything, since they use that description for the thin profile of the slope shoulders, the medium profile of the Ds an OMs, and for the chunkier profiles of these parlors, without differentiation).

Of course, spec's on the Eastman website are always "suggestions" rather than facts, that's why I'm wondering what people who have already touched this model IRL have to say...

Roman - are you sure the E10p and E20p are not listed as 1 13/16"?
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
I love the Eastman website so much.  Two links to the same item with different widths (the "New" version says 1 13/16).

Here is the E1P with a 1 11/16 nut
https://www.eastmanguitars.com/e1p_ltd_cla

Here is the E1P with a 1 13/16 nut
https://www.eastmanguitars.com/e1p_ltd_cla_new

Here is the E10P with a 1 13/16 nut
https://www.eastmanguitars.com/e10p

ETA:  The E1's come with gig bags, the E10s come with hard cases.
sagebrush tom likes this post
(02-24-2024, 01:17 PM)RomanS Wrote: Out of curiosity:

Was only the string spacing that of a 1-3/4" nut (but on a wider neck), or was the whole neck just 1-3/4" wide?

Also: What about neck depth/thickness? Supposedly (since I have never seen one in real life), Eastman parlors had thicker necks than the typical D and OMs (usually somewhere around .9 to .93" at the first fret). How about this one - like your OM, or deeper?

The E1P neck is 1/3/4" at the nut.

The first fret thickness on my Eastman OM is .85".  On the E1P it's .86." Essentially the same.
(02-26-2024, 12:03 PM)AlanSam Wrote:
(02-26-2024, 10:06 AM)RomanS Wrote: E1P is listed with a 1-11/16" nut and a "Contour Comfort" neck profile (never seen that before at Eastman) on their website, while E10P and E20P are listed with 1-11/13", and "Traditional C" (which doesn't mean anything, since they use that description for the thin profile of the slope shoulders, the medium profile of the Ds an OMs, and for the chunkier profiles of these parlors, without differentiation).

Roman - are you sure the E10p and E20p are not listed as 1 13/16"?

Oops, that was just a typo, 1-13/16" is exactly what I wanted to say...

(02-26-2024, 01:20 PM)Mark In SF Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 01:17 PM)RomanS Wrote: Out of curiosity:

Was only the string spacing that of a 1-3/4" nut (but on a wider neck), or was the whole neck just 1-3/4" wide?

Also: What about neck depth/thickness? Supposedly (since I have never seen one in real life), Eastman parlors had thicker necks than the typical D and OMs (usually somewhere around .9 to .93" at the first fret). How about this one - like your OM, or deeper?

The E1P neck is 1/3/4" at the nut.

The first fret thickness on my Eastman OM is .85".  On the E1P it's .86." Essentially the same.

Interesting 1st fret measurements - that's pretty thin for Eastman, my E1D neasures .92" at the first fret, it IS one of the thicker "regular" Eastman necks I have tried (another E1D, a couple of E1OMs and E10OMs)
.85" sounds as thin as the E10SS/v I got to play a few months ago; great sounding instrument, but that thin AND narrow - 1-11/16" nut - neck immediately killed any kind of GAS I had for it. So probably this new E1P Ltd isn't for me, either...
AlanSam likes this post
Eastman E1D, Iris OG, Guild GAD30, The Loar LH300, Harmony H167
Wish the op would check in!
mike

op
sagebrush tom likes this post